Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
What kind of compressor does it have? If it's a york you are actually required by law to convert it to on board air :p

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
nope...its a chrysler vtwin pump. same rules apply though!!! :deal:
Hey, you owned it before. Why didn't you ever convert it? Maybe you should take a time out and sit in the corner to think about what you've done :shame:

FYI, if it is a compressor with it's own oiling (such as a York) it is really very simple to convert to OBA. All you need is an intake filter, a pressure switch to turn the clutch on and off with a preset PSI, some hose and a tank. I did that on my cherokee and it works great. I think it took a grand total of maybe 1.5 hrs. I even made it so I could quickly remove the tank for portability and tire filling away from the rig.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I could give you a hand with it sometime, especially if you have somewhere to work on it that isn't outside. It really is stupid simple to do it if the compressor is already installed on the vehicle. You can check out the system on my cherokee if you want to see what is requred for it to work.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you are going to the 2HD run on sat you can show me then. Then if you have time afterwards at Trevors you can instruct me on what to purchase.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts