Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been working on the design of the front drop bracket and the following picture is what I have come up with so far.

When looking at the picture just imagine the center section being the top of the bracket and the outer two pieces being bent down so that the bolt holes all line up. The holes closest to the center of the piece are for the existing a-arm mounting points and the others are the new dropped a-arm mounting points.

Some boxing of the brace's underside will be in order for strength, but so far I'm pretty excited about the prospects.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well the front A-arm drop bracket prototype has been cut out. I now need to build a jig so that I can weld the two parts together in the proper relationship. It was supposed to be one piece but the shop that I had cut and bend it was unable to complete the second 90* bend. The part actually hit the press brake at around 60* - 75* on the second bend. Prototype solution was to cut the back free from the front and then weld it back together. For a variety of reasons it might take me some time to get this done though.

Enjoy the pictures.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts