Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all. New to site. Have some questions about lift kits. The truck i bought has two 4in blocks on each side in the rear. I need to switch to springs. The truck already has the swaybar drop kit and im guess the pitman arm as well. I want to get a 10in lift. I was hoping I might be able to save some cash and use some of the parts from the lift that is on there and just purchase front and rear leafs. Are the pitman arm and swaybar drop kits the same for a 10in lift. Or should i just purchase an entire new kit.... once again thanks for the help.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
You could get away with the steering I bet but the front driveline angle might get expensive fast. You could do a shackle reversal in the rear to get ride of the blocks. That will get you 4" real easy.

Does your truck already have a body lift? have you considered one of those?

BTW: Welcome to the site. :thumb:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes it has a one inch body lift on it. What would have to be done to the drive line if i go with the 10in... Im guessing the driveshaft angle would be to steep.. what else would have to be done..... thanks for the reply and help.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
You can do the driveline with the 10". It might just cost some cash to do it right. Is there spacers between the transfer case crossmember and the frame? I've seen that done to help with the angle some.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
I have about 10" of lift and the only I ran an extended lenght stock driveline for a while that was only about 80 bucks at a local drivehsaft shop. Problem is I have to much flex kept on pulling the slip yoke out. Go flex your truck out and see if you pull the yoke out try to find a really steep short up hill climb that will unload the front suspnesion. Do it slowly and have someone watch otherwise you run the risk of damamging the driveshaft. I agree with the shackle flip for the back if you have a welder you can do it your self for less than 50 bucks and that will give you the four" of lift you need in the rear. The only way to know if the steering will work is to lift it more and see if it does if it doesn't than order the parts. Best solution here (also most expensive) is to go to x over steering. Good luck :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
268 Posts
The draglink runs from the pitman arm to the passenger side steering knuckle. It moves from side to side, instead of front to back like the stock setup.

·
Registered
58 Posts
let see when I went to 10" fro 8" I lengthened my brake lines, I also put an adjust drop darg link on it to. Shocks were maxed so I added some longer shocks to. I never messed with the drivelines after though... especially when I did the shack flip in the back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts