Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well here is my newly bobbed 81 shortbox. The bob was done over in the TOR Design shop in Idaho Falls. We started with a 50 dollar junkyard bed off of an 80 shortbox 2wd. A total of 9 1/8 inches where cut out just behind the rear cargo hook. The bed was bedlined, painted, and undercoated. It turned out AWESOME. A big thanks to Eric, Cory, Chad, Ian, and Tim. We have a lot of late nights into this bed but it was TOTALLY worth it!:thumb: Next step is getting some bumpers built and put on!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Looking good! I always liked the look of a bobed Toyota. I did the same thing on my 2wd toyota to remove a section of rust. Finally got tired of all the rust and built a flat bed. Never got it painted and now it has a nice natural patina (aka rust) to it. Here is a picture just for kicks and giggles.

Mike

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I got an upclose look at this last night. It was parked over here at the condo complex where I live and I must say it turned out quite nicely. Who did you get to shoot the bedliner for you?

What size tires are you running and what are your future plans for the truck?

Mike

p.s. - Thanks for waving the other day.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
the bedliner is herculiner we just rolled it on. As for future plans well lots in the next couple of weeks. New suspension and lots of body armor

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got an upclose look at this last night. It was parked over here at the condo complex where I live and I must say it turned out quite nicely. Who did you get to shoot the bedliner for you?

What size tires are you running and what are your future plans for the truck?

Mike

p.s. - Thanks for waving the other day.
Yah we were at my wifes friends house lastnight for haloween. I saw your tracker there and wondered if that was your place! body lift looks cool man! As for the suspension, we are putting some chevy 63's out back. Toyota rear springs will make up the front spring pack. I just got my crossover steering kit from trailgear lastnight. As for tires I am running Maxxis 33x12.50x15's. They are an awesome tire! I hope to do the 5.29's and bigger tires within a year or so but we will see where the money is at when the time comes! One step at a time! and like Eric said, lots of body armor!! gotta protect that sweet new bed and my rockers! we will probably just weld the rear for now. But who knows! looks like you have a sweet start on a cool yota yourself!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts