Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would REALLY like to finish the GMC this winter. One of the things I need to do is to put a heater in where the AC/Heater used to be. I took out the AC when I was wanting to elliminate the uglies and save HP and milage. My question is how to finish the firewall. There are more holes for the AC than I need for the heater and it's too late to weld up anything. I was thinking of cutting some stainless or aluminum to create a new firewall face in that area to mount the heater to. I'm not sure if I will have to remove the fender to put the heater in (I hope not). I'm really haven't done anything like this before, has anyone done anything like this?

I'll take a couple more shots of the engine bay later today. I really should have taken more digital shots during the restoration. There should be lot's of room for the new crate 383 going in. It will basically be the same set up as the last 383 but with a lot less HP. here's the only shot I have so far of the "Iron Dawg".

Attachments

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, we don't get cable. The closest we got to his show is when Stacy showed up at Buck's for their Customer appreciation Day during the first year of the Motorfest when I rolled the Dawg. I got good feedback from him one on one at Bucks for both Bad Dawg and Iron Dawg. I don't think I impressed him when I rolled the Dawg though :eek: .
The pictures of his Copperhead project look pretty nice. That's kind of what I was thinking but where did he put the heater? Did he put in an aftermarket type under the dash somehow?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
He used a vintage air kit that had a through the firewall bulkhead for both heater and A/C and moved it to a different location.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reminder about "Vintage Air". I forgot the name of who made the units for under the dash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts