Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a rig I have been slowly building for about 5 years. $4500. Will also entertain trade +/- cash for a daily driver 4x4 sport-ute or an interesting car. Make an offer. I am located in Wilderness Ranch south of Idaho City.

304 IH V8
2 barrel Holley (stock)
DUI distributor
new exhuast
Optima battery
GM 1 wire alternator
PSC power steering box and ram assist
T18
D20
Tom Woods driveshafts
spring over axle conversion with 2" lift heavy-duty springs (not cj springs)
Ranch RS9000's
Currie Ford 9" rear, high pinion, 4.56:1, Detroit locker, disk brakes
Scout II D44, open, chrome-moly cover, new rotors and Warn hubs
37" Goodyear MT's with matching spare
Tuffy console
Bestop seats
Painless wiring harness
20 gallon fuel cell
Autometer gauges

What needs work:
wiring harness needs to be hooked up to gauges and put in a loom
windows rattle
rocker panels under doors are rusty
driver side exhaust donut between pipe and manifold missing
old gas cap holes in the body need to be filled
Roll cage built when it was a hard top and now touches the rear plastic window

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It has nice lines and I've used the best replacements parts including stuff taken off my other rigs builds/teardowns.

·
Registered
88 Posts
pete,

what Bronco parts do you still have left? I know that several people were inquiring about bits and pieces.

And good luck selling the scout - it does look good.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It runs pretty good. Last week I drove it into Boise 3 times for total of 150 miles. Got it up to 65 MPH and it was stable. It still has manual brakes so you gotta push real hard to stop it even with the disk on each corner. There is a small exhaust leak on the passenger side of the engine. I thought it was a missing donut gasket but the gasket is there so it must be leaking around the head/manifold gasket. I think I can dig up a complete engine gasket set for it. In general, the 304 is not very peppy with the 37 inch tires. If it does not sell, I'll be on the look-out for a 345 or 396 to swap in.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bronco parts remaining:
1. hood
2. edelbrock for 302
3. new galvanized steel front door posts and kick panels for rust repair - total of 4 pieces
4. professionally rebuilt, never installed NP435 tranny complete with bellhousing, flywheel, clutch, and miscellaneous parts. Tranny has 28 spline output shaft so it bolts right in place of the stock 3 speed.

·
Registered
88 Posts
ok - consider the posts and kick panels sold... I am in meetings all day tomorrow and then working a tourney in Twin on Fri/Sat. Is meeting up next week good with you? Gotta figure out how to gather up the cash for them without the wife noticing..

·
Registered
875 Posts
Heck you figure out a way to bring that hood down to twin with you and I'll throw some money your way for saving me a trip up there.

ok - consider the posts and kick panels sold... I am in meetings all day tomorrow and then working a tourney in Twin on Fri/Sat. Is meeting up next week good with you? Gotta figure out how to gather up the cash for them without the wife noticing..

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Price on the hood? I thought it sold a long time ago.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts