Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some pics of my uncle's 409 convertible......he bought it brand new in 1963 for his wife, ordered it special with a 2 speed power glide becuase she didn't know how to drive a stick, my family has been restoring it for a couple years now, and just sold it at the Barret-Jackson car auction in florida for $68,000.....can you believe it :scared: I doubt the car cost much more than $3,500 new :deal: Believe it or not, with a little more time and money put into it it could have gone for much more!!! :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mr.TRD said:
Well is bit over what we were guessing it would go for now isn't it!!!! Kick ass man!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :beer: :beer:
Yeah,.....the sad thing is, he passed away last friday........he lived a long good life tho, he was 85!!

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
i agree nice car and regards to the family. I can tell the picture was taken in Rigby at the Broulims....am i correct? Sheesh i have been around doah

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes that is rigby broulims........sorry you recognized it.......that means too much time in rigby :deal: :rotfl: :rotfl: where do you live now??

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
i live in Boise now but visit regularly. I spent my best years as a s#*thead @ Rigby high school, but soon found out that once the cops have your number.....even if you didn't do it, they'll be knockin at your doorstep. I moved when i was 17 to finish school and get my life on track after my dad passed away.

·
Registered
385 Posts
That is a sweet car! :thumb: So sorry to hear of your recent loss. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts