Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
the 57" fronts?
I don't know anything about ford springs really. I just read on here that ford makes a 57" spring that is 2.5" wide. I think I read they are 2wd F150 springs so I would assume they are rears.

I'm thinking about doing some parts swapping between my cherokee and my CJ, and I'm looking at options for lifting the rear. I'm curious about the 57" ford springs because they are the same length as the springs that are currently on the cherokee. The stock springs measure 26/31, and I was just curious how the ford springs compare. I would like to move the axle back a little to improve my departure angle a bit.

BTW Trevor, John was wondering where you've been the past couple of days. You need to hurry up and get that turd out of his shop so I can work on my junk :thumb:

That is a nice looking rig you picked up though. :smokin:

edit: here's the thread I was reading http://www.planet4x4.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5803 Did you ever end up with a set Kaleb?

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
steve measured them out when we lifted marks cherokee. The arch is the same...or so i was told. As far as added lift that is unknown...but i can vouch for them being very flexy!!!! I ran out and measured for ya and they measure 25/32

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
BTW Trevor, John was wondering where you've been the past couple of days. You need to hurry up and get that turd out of his shop so I can work on my junk :thumb:

That is a nice looking rig you picked up though. :smokin:

quote]

i wish i could have been working on my stuff too! :darn: hopefully one more day in the shop it will be mobile. then i just need to work on the front end.

thanks! i can't wait to be :drive: again!!!!

....and i thought for a second you were SASing the tow ho since you have been flogging it the past couple runs.

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
with the weight of shotgun23's cherokee, sitting on his rear springs, he had the same arch as customs f-150..

to add wheelbase, why not put the springs in backwards?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's what I'm thinking about doing. I have heard the f150 springs flex really well and my springs look like they are sagging a little already. I figured if the f150 springs bolt in, flex well and have a good pin offset I may give them a try. When you measured the ford springs were they under a truck or out on the ground?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts