Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your guys thoughts on a 4x4 and off-road fab shop in the area?

I know there's Buck's up in Boise and then there's one (sorta) in Ontairo but thats about it.

I'm thinking about starting my own total fab shop after I'm out of college either in the Treasure Valley or down in the Magic Valley, not sure which yet.

thanks in advance,
Eric

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
You also have ORI, Foothill Motors, HBRK, and some specialty shops for cages, or gear work.

If you are serious and it were me-I would go to Foothill Motors and buy Ken a cold drink and get his opinion. And do the same with Shane at HBRK, or Wade at ORI. They are doing what you are planning and can tell you the straight poop.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
honestly i don't think you stand a chance unless you got something that someone else here doesn't allready have....but good luck to ya

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
There was one in Twin some years back but he shut down.

There isnt one in Pocatello at all.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Bucks in Garden City
Foothill in Boise (Downtown area)
ORI in Boise (Bench area)
HBRK4x4.com in Nampa
Jims Drivetrain in Garden City
plus the number of guys who do there own work, or there buddies work around town.......

What do you specialize in?

·
Registered
379 Posts
chevycrew said:
there is also Qualifab in meridian, that does just about everything under the sun.
Timmy Kalinski good guy....more into hotrods but will do anything you ask

there are also the Northup Brothers Rick and sam on the west side of 41st in gardencity between adams and chinden.....they build serious cages for drag cars besides building you a complete NHRA cert...dragster ...etc.

·
Registered
883 Posts
1970Custom said:
What is your guys thoughts on a 4x4 and off-road fab shop in the area?

I know there's Buck's up in Boise and then there's one (sorta) in Ontairo but thats about it.

I'm thinking about starting my own total fab shop after I'm out of college either in the Treasure Valley or down in the Magic Valley, not sure which yet.

thanks in advance,
Eric

If you are determined you can make it work, it's alot of blood, sweat and tears. I hope you are sucessful at your venture. :beer: to ya for wanting to live the dream! Call Shane if you haven't already! Good Luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts