Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be getting a 4L60E to go behind the 305 small block that I plan to swap into my toyota but I've got a few questions. First is there a transfer case with a passenger side front output that will bolt up behind it? Second is there any way to control the shifting of this trans with either a manual shift set up or a stand alone computer? Ok guys school me on my options.

Thanks!!

Mike

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Yes, there are many ways to control the 4l60e. But the best would be to get a 4l60 (700r4) instead. Much less headaches, cheaper to build, and can be built to stand alone with no electronics very easy.

If you are dead set on the 4l60e, plan on spending $500-$700 more
than a 700r4 to build and control it correctly.

If your 305 is injected, and the computer you are using is a 93 or newer, than you can get either factory or aftermarket harnesses to control the trans. I guess I need more info on the engine controls.

As far as the transfer case goes, you can run a 208, 241, or 205 in that. You could run other cases with custom adapters like Dana 20, Yota case, etc.

Hope this helps and ask away

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I'll probably scratch the 4L60E for now. It would have been a choice of convenience but I can wait for some thing else.

As far as the motor goes the 305 is carbed, but I might be going in another direction on that as well. Tonight at work they were cleaning up the shop and one of the technicians was going to throw away a 4.3L V-6. I saved it from the scrap heap. It has a spun rod so I'll have to see what I can get away with to get it running again.

It also has a TBI intake on it so eventually I would like to get a harness and ECM and run the FI on this motor. I like the idea of saving some weight in the nose of the Toyota and it would probably produce close to the same or more power as the 305 if built right.

I'll still need a trans and T-case with a p/s front drop. I'm thinking that even a turbo 350 or 400 would be OK for now. Any body have a good core that I can build for this project? It's been a little while since I've built an auto tranny, it would be fun to build another one again.:thumb::rotfl:

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts