·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Pfft, that guy is nutz!

·
Registered
7 Posts
What year is it and how many miles?
Any Mods, crank, rods, pistons? or is it the stock style long block?
What Carb? what is it in now? history of towing, high heat environment?

Thanks, I look forward to your reply.

Olaf Swanson
Mt Home, Id.
587-2650

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
For what you would be getting it is a good deal. There is no way someone should pay that price if the motor was pulled, sitting on the ground with no way of testing driving, feeling shifts, etc.

Being able to test, drive, inspect, whatever in the rig definately makes this worth the price.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I'm pretty sure I've seen running motors in the nickel ads for more than $500 to $700. And usually you don't get pwr steering, alternator, a/c, etc. And you get a working TH400. I've hardly ever seen a "come and drive" for less than $1000. So "for what you're getting" it's a smoking deal, not just a good deal. Basket cases are going for $500-$600, let alone working engines.

·
Registered
875 Posts
The way I look at it is if I can't hear it run it isn't worth much more then a core. I would think this would be a good deal for someone that needed it. It would make it an easy swap if you had a small block.

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What year is it and how many miles?
Any Mods, crank, rods, pistons? or is it the stock style long block?
What Carb? what is it in now? history of towing, high heat environment?

Thanks, I look forward to your reply.

Olaf Swanson
Mt Home, Id.
587-2650
I am not sure on the miles
it has a rv cam, edelbrock intake and 600 carb accel coil other than that it is stock style long block, I use it 2-3 times a month to tow my blazer to the trails, it has 50-60psi and runs 190 on the temp

·
Registered
360 Posts
You swapping in the 12V Cummins or the 24V Cummins? Just curious. I've been thinking that an old 12V Cummins, say early 90s, wouldn't have all the electronic dofahflepigiggets the news ones have, but I've never read details about anyone doing it.

-Mikey-

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am using a 94 cummins and a nv5600. As soon as this is sold I will get started and write a build thread so everyone can see what I am doing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts