Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

How has the your experience been at 4 wheel parts?????

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Federal law, specifically the Communications Decency Act, 47 U.S.C.A §230, states that websites are immune from any liability for statements Authored by others. .

L.A. County' District Attorney's Office Bureau of Fruad and Corruption
Prosecutions Consumer Protection Division
201 North Figueroa St., Suite 1200
Los Angeles, CA 90012

Office of the Attorney General
Public Inquiry Unit
P.O. Box 944255
Sacramento, CA 94244

The State Enforcement Agency (CONSUMER AFFAIRS) Issued a Torrent of Violations onto 4WP
FULL 20 PAGE REPORT http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff146640.htm

SOME ACCUMULATED CONSUMER COMPLAINTS BEING FORWARDED TO THE ATTORNEY GENERAL

1) My favorite 4WP scam is the "buy 3, get 1 free" deal on the Procomp tires. Whenever they offer this deal they also jack up the price by about $20-$30/tire. (this applies to all sale items)

2) I've got my shocks on order with them, First 4WP sales says that they are "Overstocked" and that he would give me an excellent deal. Two weeks after I placed the order i get an email saying that , "My shocks are on nationwide backorder." Call after call, 4WP kept pushing back the arrival date until I finally changed shocks.  I still don't know where the extra $100 over their advertised prices came from, must have been the "handling charges". But, the sad part is they had the best prices compared to anybody in town. All the others would have had to do the dreaded special order and wait game.

3) Well 4wheelparts had the 38/15/15 tires at a good price of $222.00 each. Now that they are advertising $40.00 back they are now $232.00 each. To me that is not even a good deal cause all they are doing is giving you the extra $10.00 that you paid for the tires back. Then it says free shipping yeah but you have to buy the tire warrenty. What kind of a deal is that. I was about ready to order them and found out that I was going to pay more for the four tires than when there is no sale. What a bunch of crooks if you ask me.

4) I also dealt the the "shipping charges" when getting parts. As mentioned they never have any real 4x4 parts in stock and wanted to charge me shipping even if I picked the parts up at the store.....WTF

5)My favorite is the Warn M8000 I almost ordered from them online. They were advertising free shipping.  Well, when I got to the page to confirm my order I noticed that there was a $50 handling charge.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
NO QUESTIONS ASKED TIRE WARRANTY IS FALSE & MISLEADING

Zoom in on the Hotty

I'm sure the Multi-Billion Dollar Company UPS would even be remotely
interested in giving permission for 4WP to have this half naked HOTTY
to promote 4WP 2nd rate Pro Comp products.

YES, we found this girls original photo on the internet that 4WP
decided to CROP and use in their advertisement w/o any
permission, not even paying this very ELEGANT girl

THEN ANOTHER DAY 4WP ADVERTISES

FREE SHIPPING, BUT EXCLUDES HANDLING FEES, Crating or Palletizing Fees, & F.E.T
charges and you must buy their "No Questions a$$ked Tire Warranty" to get the FREE SHIPPING

BY THE WAY, WHO VOTED THAT THIS 4 WHEEL PARTS STORE BELOW IS #1 FOR THE PAST 4 YEARS STRAIGHT????? IT CERTAINLY WASN'T (SPIKE TV) WHERE I LIKE TO WATCH RE-RUNS OF THE DUKES OF HAZARD

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Diesel 4x4 might be the trucks of the future

&
AJ Johnson said:
isn't this the same hash we had posted here about 6 monhs ago? doah doah doah
1st, NO, 2nd wasn't sesame street canceled???? :mrgreen:

These are the results of just one of many Federal State Investigations that are being completed and have been completed, meaning many in the
4x4 community will hopeffully be getting checks in the mail

So, i went to 4WP for a brand new set of tires and wheels and boy was I excited.(I have a potty mouth) I knew exaclty what i had wanted (BFG's) and had been in the 4WP store several times before.

I went in and told the 4WP sales rep exactly what I wanted.(I have a potty mouth) The sales rep smiled and grabbed my BFG tire that I had placed in front of me and placed it right next to the Pro Comp Tire (visualize scenario)[/b][/color]

The guy was really pushing them and I told him I never heard of them.(I have a potty mouth) He had them right next to each other
and he said, "THEY ARE IDENTICAL....THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL"(I have a potty mouth) and I said wow, no
difference..."EVERYTHING IS IDENTICAL LOOK" and the 4WP sales rep said except for the PRICE, $25.00 cheaper
for each tire and with the money you save you can get the better wheels you wanted, heck, I'll even throw a 10% discount on top of it."

I replied, "Listen, I've been offroading all my life and BFG's have never left me on the trail, then the 4WP
sales rep say, "THAT'S WHY WE HAVE OUR NO QUESTIONS ASKED TIRE WARRANTY, ANYTHING HAPPENS TO
YOUR TIRE WE WILL REPLACE IT FOR FREE, NO QUESTION, WE'LL TAKE THEM BACK......NO QUESTIONS.........

This guy could of sold a freezer to an eskimo

So i bought them, and I loved the look of my wheels and tires.....yipeeee.....then after a
couple thousand miles it seemed I needed another alignment again, what's up with that, so I had to
pay $130.00..........then just a couple more thousand miles went by, I needed another alignment?????(I have a potty mouth) WTF

So, i talked to the mechanic,(I have a potty mouth) WELL YOU HAVE SOME TIRE PULLS, I PUT THE WORST ONES IN THE REAR,
BUT YOU STILL HAVE ONE IN THE FRONT...............ok time to activate my NO QUESTIONS TIRE WARRANTY

So guess what the manager says, "TIRE PULLS ARE COMMON IN THE INDUSTRY AND IN ALL TIRE BRANDS.......
REPLACEMENT OF TIRES DENIED.

I then replied, "How is this a NO QUESTIONS ASKED TIRE WARRANTY???"

NEW WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS/EXCEPTIONS: Repairable Punctures, Vehicle Fender or Suspension Contact.
Excludes Commercial Use or Competition Racing or Rockcrawling & Punctures, and Slashes Due to Vandalism.
Tires that have run flat or ABUSED will not be covered.

So how is this a, "No Questions Asked Warranty?"
The title and the sales pitch (promise) that they will replace the tire no matter what, (No Questions Asked)

The title of the warranty, "No Questions Asked" CONTRADICTS ITSELF, due to the myraid of exlusions and restrictions mentioned above:

Therefore, IT IS DECEPTIVE, FALSE & MISLEADING........

Thousands of miles later, these PRO COMP TIRES developed BULGES in their TREAD, causing a vibration when i drove.(I have a potty mouth)

I took my truck back to the 4WP store and the manager stated that their "NO QUESTION ASKED WARRANTY"
DID NOT COVER TIRE DEFECTS AND THAT I WAS TO CONTACT THE MANUFACTURER.

Which I researed & I found out 4WP also owns

THE COOPER TIRE COMPANY Produces the Pro Comp Tire Line for the Pro Comp Tire Co, which of course is owned by the 4 WHEEL PARTS COMPANY. (I have a potty mouth)(SEE BELOW)

THE COOPER TIRE COMPANY has 3 times more tire RECALLS than BFGoodrich and Goodyear, to be more precise they have
well over 120 tire RECALLS that can be verified at the NHTSA (Office of Defects Investigation Database)

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/complain/results.cfm

Consumer complaints consist of BULGES developing in the TREAD and SEVERE TIRE PULLS
Main Link http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff115390.htm

If you guys have developed TIRE PULLS and BULGES in your PRO COMP TIRES, then you should visit this website
below and fill out the form to arrange for[/color] FREE replacement:

(National Highway Traffic Safety Administration)
Office of Defects Investigation
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

U.S. Department of Transportation NHTSA
C/o Office of Defects Investigations
NSA-10.01, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC 2059

Customer Tire Review: http://www.luddite.net/showmedave/tires.htm

IT IS FACT, THE MORE PEOPLE COMPLAIN IN FORUMS & FILE FEDERAL COMPLAINTS......THE BETTER SERVICE WILL GET FOR CUSTOMERS OR 4WP WILL CEASE TO EXIST

NATIONWIDE ATTORNEY GENERAL LISTING: http://www.eatoncounty.org/prosecutor/proslist.htm

(4WP Prosecuting Attorney General)Public Inquiry Unit

http://ag.ca.gov/consumers/mailform.htm

(IFCC) Internet Fraud Complaint Center
http://www.ifccfbi.gov/

(FTC) Federal Trade Commission
http://www.ftc.gov/

(BAR) Bureau of Automotive Repair
http://www.dca.ca.gov/complainthelp/consumer-complaint.htm

(NHTSA) National Highway Traffic Highway Safety Adm.
(Office of Defects investigation)
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

(EPA) Environmental Protection Agency (Spilling Oil & Antifreeze)
http://www.epa.gov

(BBB) Better Business Bureau
http://www.bbb.org

Meanwhile Boss Hog and 4WP owners/operators were devising thier next scheme over a snack at the Boars Nest.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
bah... go away... as you can see, there is no burning interest here amongst our 500 or so members in your cause...too many of us either don't care, or have had good experiences with 4WP...go away...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NONSENSE

It is highly doubtful that SANDMANS new beautiful forum only has 500 members.....btw, sandman wanted to know the results of the investigation.

But, by far the best and funniest complaint comes from a guys girlfriend reading his OffRoad Adventures Magazines..........funny, but true.

I came across Adler's SEXIST ADVERTISEMENT when looking through their magazine to get to get my husband something for Christmas.

In the photo below, It is anatomically impossible for the female body to stand or walk in such a way that President Greg Adler has his models stick their, "butts out" like they are in heat.

I showed my husband the photo and demonstrated a walk for him. He couldn't stop laughing and stated, "It was either modeling for 4 Wheel Parts like that or geting grabbed by drunks at a Hooters."

Then I responded to my husband, "How about we get his daughter to bend over like that for his magazine?" "Oh he wouldn't go for that," my husband said, "However, there is that inbreeding problem in the South?" and we both couldn't stop laughing.

He is a SEXIST PIG and he knows better.

Sandy - Dallas, Texas
U.S.A.
Rebuttal REBUTTAL Owner of company
Submitted: 12/8/2004 11:36:04 AM Modified: 4/5/2005 7:49:35 AM

President

We are committed to customer satisfaction and will work individually with each customer to resolve any complaints. However, we will not accept  comments from 1 customer, Jimmy XXX (Irvine) for a issue we have tried to resolve.

Our company has been in business for over 40 years and has grown to over 40 stores coast to coast. This would not be possible without providing continued great service, selection, and price.

Over 75 % of our business is from repeat customers. Any legitimate complaints or comments can be directed at [deleted]
Sincerely,
President

Greg Adler - Los Angeles, California
U.S.A.

WOW...you will work individually with each customer to resolve complaints,  YOUR BBB RECORDS SHOW THAT YOU'VE (FAILED TO RESPOND TO CONSUMER COMPLAINTS).....looks like you mispoke again eeh

4WP has an Unsatisfactory Record with the BBB Nationwide for Failing to Respond to consumer complaints  for the past (two) decades. 4WP NEGLECTED TO TELL EVERYONE THAT THEY ARE UNDER SEVERAL FEDERAL & STATE INVESTIGATIONS AND CAN'T AFFORD TO HAVE ANYONE MAKE ANYMORE COMPLAINTS AGAINST THEM.

and yes...there's Tacoma, Santa Clarita, FL, and many more. Why doesn't 4WP respond to BBB reports, very simple, as they have caused SEVERE DAMAGE to 4x4's and do not want to incriminate themselves when responding like in the BBB Report in the next post below.

Federal Communications Commission
Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau
Consumer Complaints
445 12th Street, SW
Washington, D.C. 20554

October 20, 2005

RE: Radio Stations Knowingly Advertising Company with Nationwide Unsatisfactory BBB Record

Dear FCC Representative,

We are taking the time to contact your office and inform your regulating agency that a number of radio stations, who lack any kind of business ethics to continue to advertise the company “4 Wheel Parts,” d.b.a. Transamerican Auto Parts. Despite being contacted on several occasions via the postal service and by other means of electronic communication.

Our complaints to these radio stations consisted, “Nationwide BBB Unsatisfactory Records, specifically, but not limited to, the Austin TX & Portland OR, Fresno CA BBB Records, State Investigation Reports, which included the issuance of a barrage of violations, including, but not limited to, “False and Misleading Statements.”

Additional documents provided to these non-responsive radio stations were a letter issued by the, “Los Angeles County District Attorneys Office Fraud and Corruption Bureau”, which stated, “Your correspondence raises issue of possible Unlawful and Deceptive Business Practices (see enclosed).

Therefore, we were left no choice, but to file a formal complaint with your regulating agency. We sincerely hope that a permanent file is opened upon these radio stations that have elected to put advertising profits before the shopping experiences of their listeners.

Thank You,

Mr. XXXXXXX

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/complaints.html

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Enterprise Rental Truck Resale Program Consumer Warning

4WP IS NOTHING BUT A GLORIFIED SWAPT MEET AND THEY EVEN HAVE ADVERTISED IT

SO HOW CAN ANYONE REALLY EXPECT THE SERVICE TO BE ANY BETTER,
ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY REFUSE TO ADJUST LIKE IN THE CASE BELOW

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hate their truck too :scared:

Enterprise Rental Car
C/o Loss Control Division
29 Hunter Ave
St. Louis, Missouri 63124

September 18, 2005

Re: Committing Fraud on Fleet Rental Trucks, Specifically the Switching of Parts

Dear Enterprise Representative,

The company 4 Wheel Parts, d.b.a. Transamerican Auto Parts Inc., operates 45 off-road stores nationwide, including but not limited to the selling of Factory Truck Warranties redeemable at all major nationwide dealerships, along in being in the business of selling after-market off-road parts/accessories to dealerships nationwide.

It may be wise to cease entirely in renting trucks to customers requesting truck rentals from these 4 Wheel Parts Centers hence forth, as these customers and 4wp mechanics have illegally swapped from your rental truck fleet, the easily scratched $400.00 headlight lenses, cracked spare tires, batteries, cracked plastic parts, smashed exhaust systems, skid plates from repeated off road abuse, and god who knows what else.

Please forward this letter and the enclosed material to your main corporate headquarters. Due to repeated death threats upon my life, I enact not to disclose my personal information on this document.

Your company should begin to conduct its own internal fraud investigation into this company’s unorthodox activities, as these continued illegal activities will surely be detrimental to the consumers confidence in your Rental Truck Resale Program.

Good Day.

cc: Hertz Corporation

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Your report isn't really the issue here.

It's the fact that you could have just given a "BRIEF" note and a link. doah

Then "IF" anyone was interested they could go a look for themselves.

You just don't need to bore the rest of us with details.

By the way, there aren't any 4 Wheel Parts houses in south east Idaho. :banghead:

...SO THIS EFFECTS ME HOW?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LIT said:
By the way, there aren't any 4 Wheel Parts houses in south east Idaho. :banghead:

...SO THIS EFFECTS ME HOW?
I deeply apologize for boring the hell out of you very nice folks and I take the time to say it.

I'm just answering your questing, not looking for another bar fight that always is the case down at the Boars Nest. :beer: :beer: :beer:

These people that retain a (D) with the BBB and move mass product via the internet, even balanced wheels and tires. If your not happy with with the scrathched bumper, scratched wheels, etc, it may cost you a minimum of $100.00 to re-ship it to back to them .....the horror stories are countless.

This is their website www.4wheelparts.com/ Everyone, please feel free to do business with company as long as you wish. If you have unresolved issues, the links are so provided to help you.

Don't worry, this rant will be dead in a hillbillies heart beat......couple of days :rotfl:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Hey i've never seen that website before. They have a lot of cool parts at great prices. What a bunch of pals to help me build my 4x4, at a reasonable price!

Thanks for the link
Mike

:finger:

·
Registered
530 Posts
FAWK 4WP's whos the piece of snapper,more pics please :thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts