Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mounted my 39.5" Iroks in the garage today... Not all that bad!

Anyway, I am running a 10" rim on these. Would an 8" work better at retaining the bead? IS a 10" rim to wide for this tire?

Thanks guys!

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
I had my Iroks mounted on a 10 inch rim. worked great. one day I went to about 5 lbs on a trail that really pinched the beads and lost 2 beads, but other than that I usually kept them at 7-8 lbs, and never had a problem

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
brett is right....^^^^^ a narrower wheel will be better for keeping the bead, but I only had problems on one trail cuz i went too low....if it was slickrock i could go to 5 lbs but if was a narrow wash that would pinch the bead I had to stay at 9-10

but 16.5 wheels are not know to have the best bead.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
If you're looking for a set of 16x8 8 lug, I might have a set for you. As far as I know, they're aluminum. I think they are a mod style. If you're interested, let me know.:thumb:

Speaking of 16.5s, I never had any problems w/ my 38x15.5-16.5 TSL radials coming off the bead. I ran about 8-10 lbs rear and 10-12 front. Course, I have Centerline Wildcats, and they are the only 16.5 wheels I've seen with a bead like a 15 or 16. These were on an 8000 lb F-250, so that's pretty good I think. Never had to go below the air pressure I've listed here, so I don't know if I could've gone lower or not. I'm sure I could have, seeing how I jumped it 2 or 3 times with that psi and never popped a bead.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
hecj i have a set of 35x12.50x16 on 16x6.5 rims.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
16.5's are bead blowers. I have run many sets of large tires, 40's included and had no problems with 10" wide wheels. I run 6-7 lbs, front and rear.

Beadlock the 10's for the same money as buying 8" wheels.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I was wondering why beadlocks didn't come up as an alternative. That way there's no more memorizing what pressure what tire needs on what wheel when wheeling on whatever kind of surface.

Especially for 16.5"s.

-Mikey-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts