Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i have a '76 powerwagon with a 6" skyjacker suspension lift, i'm cutting the front fenders a bit, and did some measuring..and figured i can run 38's without much of a hassle as long as i cut the front out so they can turn good..

but i'm sort of at a dilemma right now i'm still on 33's..which look a little small but i don't care...what tires should i go for..this is still a daily driver.but that is mainly why i'm keeping the 33's on it... since they are AT's...

i was thinking
38x12.50x15 TSL's what are pro's and con's on this tire? and is it too skinny for being 38" .
38.5x15x15 SS Boggers pro's con's?
or 37x13.50x15 IROKS pros? cons?

i do want a tires that will last somewhat well on pavement also...since i'll probably be driving on the offroad tires too the trails and such...that way i don't have bring a trailor with me to put the other tires on.

thanks for any input.

Attachments

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
tires

Iroks are sweet BUT.. it looks as if they wear quick. to bad............

cuz mine are really quiet and smooth.

so for a daily driver i would go tsl's. best of the three for road, and still the offroad benchmark( lets face it.. any new tire that comes out is compared to tsl's it's just the way it is. that's not to say that is the best, but invariably the comparason is made.) :deal: :thumb:

good luck!!!

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I've tried the TSL's and the boggers and it depends on what you are going to do.

Boggers: Bad Daily driver, OK on trails, Medium on Rocks when aired way down. Awsome for the mud, unbelievable really.

TSL's: OK for daily driver, Good on trails, Good on rocks, Good in the mud.

I ran the Boggers in Moab on rocks, here in the sand and snow and in the mud. They were great in the mud, horrible on the sand and medium on all else when aired down. I ended up selling them and going with TSL's and I am happy I did it. It was worth the trade off in the mud.

I have not run the Iroks but they seems to be a very good tire. Onlky drawback is the fat wearing on street driving. May not be a good choice for a daily driver. I plan on getting those next but my rig is a trailer queen.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well some crap happends, i was originally going to keep 33's and a set of 38's with other wheels so when i go wheeling i can swap them over for the day or so... but my 33's just started poppin on me...so i just went and got a set of 35" Baja Claw radials...see how well they hold up...they look like 36's and ride well on the street havent had time to get them offroad yet.. (need to get a new front driveshaft). But my truck does look fairly mean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts