Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lookin for anyone who may have a 351W and a C-6. I have a 71 bronco. the 302 is getting a hint tired and I want to swap over to an auto. I currently have the NP 435 mated to the dana 20. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am kind of looking for the torque of the 351, but if i could find a complete 302 where I didn't have to go to 20 different salvage yards for all the parts I'd take a efi 302, but a C-6 is a must.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
My brother might still have a C6. Was from a van, worked fine when pulled. I can't remember if he kept it or tore it apart for scrap Aluminum cause no one wanted it.

Would have to be shipped from Maine though.

He's running an NP435 on his truggy with a 203/205 doubler. 351 motor.

·
Registered
875 Posts
why is the C-6 a must? C-4 fits better, no wierd bell housing to find so most any will work and can easily handle the power you are going to throw at it. My 408W has killed many of dana20's but never hurt the trany a bit. It can be done just sounds like more work then you need to do to not gain anything (IMO) actually you will loose power to the wheels going threw the C-6.

·
Registered
18 Posts
there is a lot of mods you will have to do if you go with a c-6 it is to big for the fire wall you will either have to cut it or do a body lift plus then you need a different transfer case or change out the tail shaft in the c-6 I tried it in my 73 bronco and it didnt work real well

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a 351W with rebuild kit and all the goodies and a c-4 auto if you like I see your in boise though that might be a problem pm me if you want the details. :deal:

·
Registered
423 Posts
I also have a 351w out of a 93 f-350 for sale. complete with all the fuel injection stuff. I doubt the truck efi manifold would fit under a early bronco hood. But it has all the accesories on the front minus a power steering pump pulley. I'm in Rigby pm me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts