Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took it across the scale tonight just to see where i'm at with my target weight and its gona be close.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I need to find a local scale for mine, i wanna see what this body swap did for me. my 79 jimmy I had weighted in at 5800# 1/2 ton and 35's

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a 76 blazer framed pickup bodied rig on 35's and 3/4 tons that weighed in at 6200. FATBOY. That thing was a pig. This one will be much lighter on one tons and 44's. I hear that 49's aren't any heavier than TSL 44's. That's good news.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I curious to see how it works out for you. I'm sitting at 5140 loaded with tools and gas for the trail right now.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Just for comparisions sake the military K30 I have in by garage right now has the data plate that lists the curb weight at 5900 lbs. I think I am scared to go weigh my blazer anytime soon I am sure it will be a pig :rotfl: :rotfl: By the way 3500 lbs with those tires and 1 tons is awesome!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I probably should have listed some of the items not yet installed.

engine
tranny
tcase
shafts
batteries
radiator
cage
sliders
rearbumper
seats
GAS and my ass.

I'm gona weigh it after every major change and see what happens.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
pffft...that's an extra 15-1800lbs right there...
still tho... for a rig that badass, that's way cool..

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm gona do my damndest to come in under 5000. Like 4999. So hopefully i'm on the light side of your estimation.

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I just took off my gas tank skid plate. I was surprised when it weighed in at 31 pounds! The fuel cell and stuff is about 20 pounds. I'll have to weigh the tank when I get it drained and down.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sandman said:
I just took off my gas tank skid plate. I was surprised when it weighed in at 31 pounds! The fuel cell and stuff is about 20 pounds. I'll have to weigh the tank when I get it drained and down.
i think that skid plate weighed as much as the tank. i though it was going to be alot heavier when i pulled mine down.

i wish i had a scale in the area, i'm very curious to know what mine weighs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts