Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I go with a 3.5" lift with spacers or should I go for it and buy a 4.5" lift?

·
Registered
58 Posts
while it might be cheeper to buy the 3.5" and the spacers you might run into some problems with comtrol arms, links, bumpstops, linkages, etc. most of the problems that USUALY come with a 4.5" will usually be adressed and possibly be fixed with the kit (that is why it is more expensive) also it will flex better and ride better since everything is geared towards that amount of lift.

now that I am done with that someone will come along and disagree with everything that I just said :finger: but that is part of off roading. Find out what works for you and also fits in your budget and go for it. :thumb:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
You might as well go fo rthe 4.5" lift now as you'll be doing it sooner or later. :thumb:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
695 Posts
Go for the 4.5" now or you will just end up redoing it. I have redone my suspension 4 times now and I am still just wanting to cut the IFS out and do a SAS and have wasted enough money now that I could have just done it, but now I am still waiting for the funds. So I suggest just to wait until you can afford to get what you really want....

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Yeah I say do it the best you can now, even if you have to wait a while to save the extra funds, it will be worth the wait. Also remember you get what you pay for. (most of the time) :deal: :deal:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
i recommend waiting too... that's what I've been doing with my blazer, rather than just putting something in it that works, I wait until i get the $$ to get the parts I really want, then get them. It's taken 2 years, but i have almost all the stuff that I know I would have just gotten eventually...soon it will be a yota stomper! :finger:

·
Registered
695 Posts
soon it will be a yota stomper!
BRING IT!!! I'll show that will enough protection from CBI, even the IFS can stomp a hole in a WEBWHEELER :finger: :finger: Hows them for the fingers Biatch

·
Registered
695 Posts
AJ Johnson said:
lol... think yer the only one getting CBI stuff? :mrgreen: :firedevi:
No, hopefully not. But really that post nothing to due with who builds the protection, just thought I would give CBI a hidden shoutout. The point of the post was that the IFS, although not as capable as a SFA, could still out-wheel your webcrawler, what ever make it happens to be. Now lets not make this more personal than you can handle...... :thumb:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
lol, it's all good...I have thick skin, and nothing here gets to me... this is all fun and cameraderie here... :thumb:
lol, i'm still recovering from my last wheeling trip, I slid my crewcab into a stump and it did some good sheet metal damage.. :banghead: :banghead: i finally got the new fender and bumper, just need to put it on between customer cars... :deal: :thumb: :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts