Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
finally came up with the marchandise last week. contruction starts tonight...and cant wait to git er dun!! will try to take a moment for pictures of my frustration and accomplishment during the build. wish me luck!!:thumb:

oh yeah....

they are chevy axles 79 er so d44 and a 91 burban semi float 14b. both 4.10 R/P. they will bolt right up without any mods to the spring perches....just a little ratchet strap to hold the springs together while lining up the spring pins. easy cheesy...:thumb:

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
shackle flip finished, springs hung!! axle sitting under it waiting for u-bolts and other hardware.

shacle flip lifted 2 inches with 4 inch block removed. spring perches were crushed on old axle from wraping up (so that is what that driveline vibe was?! hehe)

rear locker install and front axle install on schedule for wednesday!!!

thanks a million to MC Welding for helping me with my fabrication problems (no place to do it at!!!) john does a great job....go see him...he needs beer money!! heheheh!

later!:beer:

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
swap complete/waiting on wheels/version 2 of new bumper(i can dig it)

for the steering we used the steering arm and drag link off the dodge axle. it was just a one fer one swap.

Attachments

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
I Love Dodges!!!!

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
liar...there 29.5 and they suck a$$. but thanks for letting ne smokem up!!:thumb:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
trevortoyota said:
liar...there 29.5 and they suck a$$. but thanks for letting ne smokem up!!:thumb:
I never measured them, I was just going by the size on the sidewall. 245/75-16, which converts to 30.46. I rounded up to 31 :flipoff:. Besides, they may be small but they ride nice :thumb:

I doubt you have done any more damage to them than I have (unless you took them out on the rocks and scratched the wheels when I wasn't looking :cussing:)

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so i order some wheels(5 to be exact) from 4wheel parts and i come home today and boxes are on my porch. sweet huh!! not really. i got three boxes sitting there. two with wheels in them, and another smaller one with 2 center caps and 4 vavle stems. the wife says that the ups guy said," i dont know where the other boxes went so i will bring them tomorrow." TOMORROW!!! WTF! did you give them to someone else or what. so i am on hold til tomorrow and if i dont have wheels $hit is gonna hit the fan.

on a good note though. i installed the 2 wheels that i did get today and i didnt need to grind any off the front calipers so that is pretty sweet. just looks funny with 35s on the front and 29s on the rear.

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well two more wheels showed up today. but i ordered 5???? called 4wheelparts up and they are sending the 5th for free. i am quite satisfied with them, aside that they ship things separate and didnt get my 5th wheel here. the guys on the phone have a clue and my stuff got here pretty quick (2days) so i guess i can say that i like them. cheers to 4Wheelparts!:beer: . thanks!

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
well i got the wheels and tires on, front driveshaft in and took it to a spot to flex. this thing has tons more flex. could prolly stack on top of a 35" tire. and the locker works like a champ. will have pics of it on the campout this weekend. too bad every one dropped out like flys.:flipoff: :thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts