Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As most of you know, last year we held a local clean up that was a huge success. Now it's time to clean up some more land!

On April 23 of Earth Day weekend, the Wild West Off Roaders will be hosting our Second Annual Clean Up at the Grand View Sand Wash. As with last year, we will be offering free food and a chance for free prizes for everyone that attends.

There will be more info to come as we get it. We are looking for as many sponsors as we can get to donate either raffle prizes or some money to go towards the purchase of food and supplies. This year it is on BLM land and they have committed to provide the dumpsters.

Also we will have a guest speaker from United Four Wheel Drive Association. John Stewart from UFWDA will be there to answer questions and talk to us about his group, land matters, etc.

I would like to encourage everyone to fit this cleanup into their schedule. :thumb: :thumb:

Time: 10:00 am to ????

Drawing for prizes will be held during the lunch break after the guest speakers. You must sign in and help prior to the lunch break to receive your ticket. :thumb:

We have gotten a lot of support from our local businesses. A big thanks goes out to:

Albertson's
Mountain Sports
D&B Supply
Walmart
Mountain Home Auto Parts
Schucks
Airman Pawn
Idaho Transmission Wharehouse
Six States
Buck's 4x4 Center
La Mode Cleaners
Desert Winds Chevron
Airbase Road Chevron
Carlos's Mexican Restaurant
Martin's Mexican Restaurant
Dennis Dillon Auto Park
United Four Wheel Drive
Planet4x4
Grinde's Diner
Hairraisers
Sav-Mor Drug
Paul Nelson, MAC Tools Distributor
Mountain Home Sears
G&S Kar Parts
United Metal
A to Z Lumber
Norco

There are more sponsors as well, and will be listed soon. Please be sure to visit these local businesses to show your support for them and to thank them for their donations.

Here is a picture of some of the prizes. We have more as well as several Gift Certificates.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Attachments

·
Registered
940 Posts
Here are the directions for those coming in from out of town::drive:

Coming from the Northwest (from Boise) (quickest & easiest):

From Boise, get on 84 South and turn off at Simco road. Travel southeast for ~20 miles to the Grandview Highway. Turn left and go 1.6 Miles and it will be on your left hand side.

Coming from the Northwest (Long way from Boise through Mt. Home):

Take Exit 90 (by the Chevron/Burger King). Stay on this road and it will take you through town and West towards Mountain Home AFB. When you get out of town the highway (67) takes 2 sweeping turns to the left. At the second one (exactly 6 miles after the first), turn right on Grandview Highway. From that intersection, it will be 6.5 miles to the sand wash. It will be on the right-hand side of the road.

Coming from the Southeast (from Twin Falls) (quickest & easiest):

Take Exit 99 (Highway 30 Business loop)
Stay on this loop and it will go over some RR tracks and past a Les Schwab.
At the “T” intersection, turn left (this will be airbase road (or Highway 67)) and proceed west out of town. When you get out of town the highway (67) takes 2 sweeping turns to the left. At the second one (exactly 6 miles after the first), turn right on Grandview Highway. From that intersection, it will be 6.5 miles to the sand wash. It will be on the right-hand side of the road.

Coming from the Southeast (from Twin Falls) (Alternate Route)

Take exit 95 (by the Pilot Station) and turn towards town on American legion.
Follow American Legion until you get to North Main Street (one way road heading to the left). Turn left
on this road and it will take you through town and West towards Mountain Home AFB. When you get out of town the highway (67) takes 2 sweeping turns to the left. At the second one (exactly 6 miles after the first), turn right on Grandview Highway. From that intersection, it will be 6.5 miles to the sand wash. It will be on the right-hand side of the road.

The sand wash area covers over 77,000 square yards with miles of trails so the more people we have, the more time we have to wheel. If you have a truck (or a semi-off-road trailer) we can haul junk back and forth to the dumpsters with bring it.

Chris and Lehi invited a reporter to come out so if you want to cheese it up now might be your chance.
Like wise, I guess if you are on the witness protection program or america's most wanted, you might want to stay away.:bolt:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Grand View Turnoff:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Close-up of the wash area:

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Thanks for the info Greg. I will be bringing a trailer and a four wheeler to help haul stuff.

·
Registered
70 Posts
This sounds like a good event to pitch in on. The Idaho Off-Road and High Desert clubs have a Tech Inspection in Nampa the day before. Maybe we can recruit a few more hands that day.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Thanks for coming out to our meeting last night to recruit Chris. I am going to post this event on our forum too, like Ken said, we are doing a tech inspection Saturday and I am planning on coming out there Sunday.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Is this the place we ran the Twin Dragons at?

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
nate said:
Is this the place we ran the Twin Dragons at?
No. It is the place when you turn left off base and go a couplemiles it is on your right. You always see people riding out there.

Its two headed dragon:darn:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Ah. What type of trash? We hauling out engine blocks, stoves, fridges, junk cars? Or is it more beer cans, shotgun shells, etc?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
In other words, should I bring the Jeep or the truck?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Wouldn't hurt to bring the truck if you don't mind hauling off crap. There are supposed to be dumpsters though so you shouldn't have to take it far.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i don't remember there being any car bodies at this location.....if we do find one, i'll have one of my guys bring a rollback out to haul it off:thumb:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Yeah I can bring the truck, but I'm not off roading it.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I'll go out there in the morning. Last time I was out there, there were things like tires, a refrigerator, steel wheels, scrap wood, all types of empty ammo casings, TVs and other types of furniture people like to shoot up. I've never seen anything bigger than a refrigerator, but it's been a couple of seasons.

I do remember a car out there somewhere but It's not at the sandwash. I'll try to find it tomorrow also. We made money on that old steel last year right? If I remember right, it’s an old VW beatle. Maybe Lehi can fix her up. Only a couple bullet holes in it.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I would leave the bullet holes. Hey if we want to make money we should be able to get a couple hundred pounds of brass. I will be brining a modified trailer and one of the trucks not sure which one. Also the Four Wheeler will be there. Does anybody have a four wheeler trailer???

1 - 20 of 83 Posts