Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have an open seat for the run on Sunday. Would like to go but if I do I'll be by myself (wife has to go to church) so basically I didn't want to drive down by myself. Let me know...

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Are they planning 2HD too? I thought it was just Lost Trail? I'm undecided or I'd offer you a ride. We have a wedding Sat. night so who knows if I'll be up to an early AM.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
stock, on 235's, looks like I had better sit this one out, right?

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Have you gone to any runs? It seems you post on every run about going, then after something happens and nope can't go. I know stuff comes up, but I get the impression that you never intended on going in the first place.

Maybe I'm being a dick, I don't mean to, but I get tired of "All talk, no action".

stock, on 235's, looks like I had better sit this one out, right?

Anyhow, I won't be going. I need to get some rest and get stuff wrapped up before I leave next week for Texas.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Yeah, we are only running Lost Trail on this time out. If time permits, we may also be running Meatgrinder.

Hope you can make it Eric! Would like to see the way that you and greg came back.
I chatted with Ginger, looks like we will skip out on the reception early. Our Sat. is jammed. We have too much going on. Even if I'm late I'm thinking I can catch you guys somewhere on the trail.

It would depend on the group. Doing Meatgrinder or the loop, probably an either or and not both. I'll try to print you out a map with the GPS coordinates of the loop. There weren't any really tough challenges going down that wash but there were some neat optional obstacles.

The weather is looking fabulous for this weekend so I'm going to try my best to be out on the trail.

I'M IN FOR SURE!:drive:

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Have you gone to any runs? It seems you post on every run about going, then after something happens and nope can't go. I know stuff comes up, but I get the impression that you never intended on going in the first place.

Maybe I'm being a dick, I don't mean to, but I get tired of "All talk, no action".
quote]

I am on that page too.
Wife says lets, then the day says lets not, or $50 for a tank of gas that made sense to be available when the run was posted isn't there when the run happens, or twice this winter, we went out on the Saturday before, and were hung over on the day of, and slept in.

Desire is always there. Function usually isn't. aside from ten minutes of playing at Pickle here and there after dump runs, haven't been wheeling since I stuck the Ford in mud puddle in the middle of our campground last July, and it was the fusible link on the negative side of the battery coming undone, that caused the truck to get stuck, not my driving skills, not the Icehouse I opened as we were breaking camp, not the Mud puddle.

So yeah, every run that I think I can make, I will post into, and maybe I will make one of em.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My mistake, the run is just lost trail, I don't know why I was thinking 2hd. Hell I just might take the Ford or if nothing else I'll show up at the Cheveron Sunday morning and try to solicit a ride then.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I'll be there, just got the T-case back together this week. Now I want to see what breaks next. I will have an open seat if anyone needs a ride, I'm coming from Boise.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I wont be there, I got in from Guatemala at 0200 last night, I really wanted to try out the new doubler. I'll get my newly shortened rear drive shaft from Tim on Monday and go break the T-case and clutch in on the res rocks I guess.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Bastard. :rotfl: I wanted to go, instead they decide to send me to Texas :darn:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm probably going on the Texas one too

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
James, I'll take you up on that open seat. I'll meet up with you at the trail head.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Thanks for letting me and the gang tag along.
Learned a few things:
Tires, tires tires! Bald ass 235/15's did allright, but need to change.

First time I have really had trigger in 4x, and he is a noisy nag, need to figure out the clanks, thuds, and shudders!
9 year old and BlackDog herself, need a dose of courage before the nexr run, dog freaked out repeatedly and clawed kidlets to death! and 9 year old would scream bloody freak show type murder at the hint of articulation.
Course he also screamed the same when we told him we were done, and he didn't want to be done.

Had a blast. Thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had a blast. Found out with the right amount of sheet metal displacement and luck you can do just about anything. Nice Pics Eric. Now if i can only get me hands on the video. That would be funny if i can see the look on my face. :shocked: I know my CoPoilte seemed to be having fun on the one climb where the front left ground. I hope I can find some band aids big enough to fix my doh's:rotfl: :rotfl: Dave You make a awsome auto 4x4 shifter. :drive:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts