Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good 258 six for sale. Just pulled for V8 swap. Runs very well. Has clifford aluminum valve cover, motorcraft 2100 carb conversion, good exhaust manifold. Asking $300 Located near Boise.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Runs excellent. Does not smoke or burn oil. Good compression on all cylinders. I only yanked it for a V8 swap. Odo shows around 155k on the jeep. Don't know if that's true on the engine. I think maybe not, but I can't be sure. I'll look through my folders of reciepts I got with the jeep and see if I can find anything on a rebuild or any engine work.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
forgot one thing - the motorcraft 2100 that comes with it needs a power valve. other than that, it's got no issue.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Thanks, I'll let him know what you told me. If you could find out anything else about its history, that would be great.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked this weekend and couldn't find any reciepts for a rebuild, just lots of parts. This is still available and I want it out of my garage! Make me an offer please....:thumb:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1985. Came out of an all original CJ-7. I did the carb conversion myself, but I don't have the original POS carter BBD anymore.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gonna put this on ebay with no reserve soon. I want the garage space more than the engine. Anyone need this thing?
thanks

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
If you want to pm or email me at [email protected] your phone # and what you want for the bracket (PS), I will pass that along. Buddy does not use computers much. Or however you want to hook up with him. Or I can pm you his #.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good 258 still available. Dropping the price to $100. Someone come get it out of my garage please!
:thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts