Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im considering clocking my 241 up. It currently hangs down about 5 inches below my frame. Does anyone have opinions on this, pros? cons? I need to still be able to drive this on the highway, so im a little worried about oiling. I am looking at the DIY4X kit, its $62 plus shipping. I dont have drivelines yet, or the exhaust ran, so those arent issues to worry about.:thumb:

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
there may or may not be issues with the driveline and tranny pan, only way to know for sure would be to mock it up and see.

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unless someone has a klune v to donate to me.... LOL

Looking into that, I wouldnt have to buy the clocking ring, but would have to get the klune v $1800 ouch, then my drivelines would be the same length at 36" front and rear.

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
While im on the topic of 241 case, anyone know where to find a 1310 yoke for the front output, to remove the current flange?

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I think it makes a good canadite for ditching that camera phone and buying a real digi :flipoff:

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Screw it My t-case hangs lower than that on the Burb and I've never hit it.

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Almost 3 years later...

I ordered a DIY4X clocking ring on friday.

Once I get the t-case clocked up I can rebuild the crossmember and build a belly pan.

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
The only issue I ran into was the driveline angle was a little steep. I am correcting that with adding a shim and moving the axle forward 2"

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think Im only going up about 2", it will be steep but I think I can clearance enough to clear. Keep in mind its a hi-pinion front with 1310 joints and no cv. Drive shaft is currently 28" long and has an operating angle of 20 degrees at the t-case flange.

The engine, tranny, t-case is tipped down in the rear 5 degrees. Im going to try to get some of that out by raising the rear to help out the angle at the front output.

But the more I raise it, the closer the water pump gets to my radiator, 5/8" clearance right now.

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
mine is fully clocked flat, if I wasnt going to move the axle forward I would have only gone up to the first position every application is diffrent.

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got it installed on the t-case.

I would like to go up all the way, but I would need to cut a rather large hole in my floor under the drivers seat.

For now just clocking up to the first step will be ok. Ill put some after pictures up once I get it back into the toy.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts