Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just found out this week that the Association has designated the 2008 Trail Ride and Rally to WWOR.

So, what I am looking for:

1. Suggestions on runs
2. Suggestions on Food, Potluck, Etc.
3. Volunteers to help with all aspects of setting this up.
4. Suggestions on camping spots.

Please keep traffic on this post on topic, any oddball conversations will get axed by me and will get you banned from the site!! :rotfl: :rotfl: (ok, maybe not banned, but is public flogging legal?)

Anyways, if you have some suggestions please post them up.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I will start this off first.

Trail runs:

Easy: Bennett Mountain, Danskin Mountain, Hole 13 with Little Valley, Scenic trip to the Craters, Bruneau Canyon, Wickahoney.

Medium: Lizard Gulch, Bruneau Loop,

Hard: Gauntlet, Reservoir Rocks, Long Tom Resevoir.

Maybe some mud racing at Pleasant Valley.

Camping spots: Mountain Home KOA, RV park on American Legion, Optimist Park (no shower facilities). There's not a lot of nearby camping spots with facilities.

Food: Potluck on Saturday Night. All other meals on your own, maybe a Saturday morning breakfast.

Also, maybe we could get some guest speakers from BLM, Blue Ribbon Coalition, or United 4wd to attend.

I am going to need a lot of help in planning and preparing for this. And as it is a few months after our annual clean up, it may be harder to get donations for it as well.

Anyways, these are all thoughts, so let me know!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I don't know the area at all, but you guys and gals will do great! I can't wait.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I can help if you need it chris

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I bet it'd make a good late afternoon/night run, I bet theres lines to get even the most built rig stuck out there

·
Registered
496 Posts
Chris,

Kevin and myself have lots of input that we can provide. We are gathering information of what we learned, compiling it and documenting it. After we meet I will contact you.

Tony

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Chris I would be happy to help you out. I would like to sit down and go over some details with you to make your life easier.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I bet it'd make a good late afternoon/night run, I bet theres lines to get even the most built rig stuck out there

I didnt say people wouldnt get stuck or break their rigs. But this is a Trail Ride, I honestly dont see a pile of rocks a trail...

·
Registered
374 Posts
Chris

Just a thought. All the trails etc don't have to be near Mt. Home do they? You should be able to utilize some trails over this way if necessary. You guys and your club run over here quite a bit too.

I would be happy to help out.

jT

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I am going to need a lot of help in planning and preparing for this. And as it is a few months after our annual clean up, it may be harder to get donations for it as well.

Anyways, these are all thoughts, so let me know!
Something to think about... The dates for all of the trailrides were what the clubs that were hosting them decided to choose. It may give you less time to plan and coordinate, but there is no reason that the event could not be held the same weekend as the cleanup. It is really up to the host club.

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Well I realize i am in the vast minority and who knows if I will be able to make it next year but I am way enthused about MUD. I have never been to pleasant valley but it would be cool if you could set it up as a true bog, with something there to pull everyone out quick.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Something to think about... The dates for all of the trailrides were what the clubs that were hosting them decided to choose. It may give you less time to plan and coordinate, but there is no reason that the event could not be held the same weekend as the cleanup. It is really up to the host club.
Good Point. That would be a great idea.

I wonder how many would be up for the trail ride and rally in April.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Good Point. That would be a great idea.

I wonder how many would be up for the trail ride and rally in April.
Lumpy, as it was said already, if you or your club needs a hand Me or My club would be more than happy to help out.

Send me a pm, or give me a call if you need anything. I am hoping to have some sort of normal life after the first of the year :D

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks everyone for the offers! That is great. We will definitely be stretching out for harder runs!

This is just scoping for now, I expect to be hitting it harder later.

I am really liking the Cleanup weekend idea. Would make for some really great prizes and such, and the raffle and food would be on Sunday for the cleanup. It would be a little different. But having a State Ride and Rally along with a Cleanup would be an awesome idea. Using the land and taking care of it at the same time!

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Well I realize i am in the vast minority and who knows if I will be able to make it next year but I am way enthused about MUD. I have never been to pleasant valley but it would be cool if you could set it up as a true bog, with something there to pull everyone out quick.

Well I could use the Burb to do that!!! I am really looking forward to the extreme trails. I was told even if I was home that the Burb wasn't extreme enough for them this year so I guess we will have to see next year.:drive:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Personally I think putting the cleanup with the rally is a bad idea, and I think so for a few reasons.

1st, to do it right the cleanup is at least a half-3/4 day event and I don't think people would drive across the state to burn a wheeling day on cleaning up someone elses backyard. I might be wrong but I don't think so.

2nd, the weather in april has proven to be pretty rotton for the cleanup. The last 3 years we've done it, it's rained. At least in june you have a better chance for decent weather.

3rd, and I may be wrong on this as I don't have kids, isn't school still in session?

Basically, I like the cleanup and what it accomplishes, but I don't think it's the right event to include in an association run.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts