Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A group of us went out there today...

I had to leave early, and only got a few pics. There were quite a few cameras out there, so others will be coming soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dan had beautiful paint before starting...

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My daughter loved the trip!

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A little wheel stand

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Wow those pics turned out sweet! That was a great run. Now we know my welder work pretty good for a home built unit.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lumpdog said:
Did anybody try the right head of the dragon??? I have heard rumors that only one person has made it through there....

Looks like you had a great time!
Andy in the exo 4runner tried. He might have made it if his tie rod wouldn't have let go. After that, the rest of us chickened out.

·
Registered
374 Posts
2HD

at least 3 (not me...yet) someone moved the major obstical at the beginning of it, to bad too. it was one truly difficult trail. the left side used to be only doable by a few, most had to get winched up the last little climb, now so many rocks have been stacked, it is pratcially a pave road like carnage canyon.

·
Registered
58 Posts
too true. 2HD has been RUINED by rock stackers. :angryfir: :angryfir: I wish that those who don't have the equipment or ability would stay off the difficult trails so that the rest of us can continue to enjoy them for their difficuilty. Tho I can't say for sure but I imagine that quite a few rocks were stacked for the Rhino that went up there on Sat. :angryfir: :angryfir:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Actually your wrong on the rhino. However we did do some pushing with a few people here and there but that thing surprised us all at being able to dodge the big boulders. At the waterfall half way up the left side he actually took the far left and squeeked up it on his own. Hats off to him! I talked with him later that night and he said he had NO IDEA that we were headed for that rough of stuff and would not have come along if he knew it before hand but wasn't going to back out once he was committed.

I agree with you guys that there are a lot of rocks stacked in both of those runs. 2HD will probably continue to change as time goes by no matter what happens because there is so much loose rock. Mother nature will change it some with run-off and wheelers will stack some rocks. That might be a good club activity for some of you clubbers to unstack it? If you're going to do that why not stack it so it's tougher. Personally I am pretty laid back, I'm lucky to even have the time to go run once in a blue moon and if I can get through with out tearing something up I consider it a great day.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well, since this came up....it is somewhat of a no-win situation...If you find and develop a great trail, you either keep it to yourself(and a handfull of those under oath to keep quite) or you share it with other wheelers that will appreciate it-which is cool. The problem is once you tell that one person that will tell others, then they share the info, and so on, or you do an advertised(such as club) run on said trail, the info spreads like mad. Eventually you have enough traffic through there, that there are bound to be some bad apples who could care less about preserving the trail. Right now 2HD seems to be the trail of the week(every week) It's getting a workout...The geographic makeup of many of the local trails doesnt hold up well to heavy use either. 2HD is one of those areas.

What is really sad(pathetic actually) is when you find obstackles like crack whore on Lost Trail filled with rocks, when there's a damn bypass for it!

Here are some pics from the first run through 2HD, Amazing how much it has changed in just a couple of years, and people really only started running it in large numbers, the last 8 months or so....

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200178&highlight=headed+Dragon

1 - 20 of 21 Posts