1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yeah this was one of those days when you realize why you carry so much shit in your rig. We used about half of what I pack around, including the first aid kit to patch up Chris. Laid his elbow open pretty good on his broken windsheild. I'm downloading video right now and should have some carnage pics later this evening and video tomorrow. My breakage doen't count because I did it almost back at the trailhead:thumb: Hit a bump on the dunes to fast and snapped a bad weld on a shock mount. Not your Kevin. I'll be out to your place to get another mount welded up.
By the way Bren , Chris way out did you in carnage today. Wait until you see his XJ.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Well, I didn't get many pics, but here's what I did get. On a good note, Chris got his double trailer mostly finished, and it made it's maiden voyage. I also got my cheap Jeep done, and it made it's maiden voyage. Without further ado, here are the pics.

cherokee 001 (Medium).jpg

cherokee 002 (Medium).jpg

cherokee 003 (Medium).jpg

cherokee 004 (Medium).jpg

cherokee 005 (Medium).jpg

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOO HOO!! I knew I could teach the Cherokee to roll over and play dead!

Stupid Jeep! Now, the crappy part is, we were done with the run and on the way back. I blew a power steering line on 2hd, temporarily repaired it to get up the trail, and then bypassed the power steering at the top. Cherokees suck to drive with no power steering or stabilizer.

Needless to say, I was dropping down the rock face when the wheel jerked hard right and ripped out of my hands leading to the sloooow roll. It sucks to roll on the way back.....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Yaouch! Glad to see that no one got hurt too bad!

So.. is it fixable or it is going to become roofless?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Oh, and of course, no one caught video or pics of my roll, or Josh's 6 foot wheel stand on 2HD. Oh, and Josh almost rolled his Cherokee trying to rescue mine...DOH!
No, your carnage does count. It is documented on photos :rotfl: Did you see mine. Nope, so it doesn't count :rotfl: We did get some footage of Josh's last rear wheel stand. Hell other then you Chris I'm the only one who seen the roll. Lee seen when your ass flipped and Bill didn't see any of it. I'm not sure how that happened. They must of been nappin.
The man drives like a mad man then when he is driving like a Granny it does a slow motion summer sault. Each time I see one of these rolls it gets stranger.
Josh's Cheap Jeep sure passed its test today. Made it all the way through 2 HD unassisted. After a little repair break here and there.
Bren or should I say Bren and Jen tried the right side and their day ended when Bren snapped a Dana 60 stub axle and wiped out his steering.

Hey Chris looks like your missing a little hair on that arm. How did rippin that tape off feel ? Super glue your hide back on.

Did you get those pics I sent to your AOL address ?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Trails not big enough for the 2 of them. One of those days. This little kiss took them about 15 minutes to undo. :popcorn:

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I think the BTOR sign has special powers so the windows didn't break where you had them. I am so pissed I missed that...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Man I had to come back to work today to get some rest. My ankles are killin me. The video should be up tonight. Decent footage. If any of you who were on the run want a DVD of it let me know. Watch the video when I post it then let me know. I edited parts, but I think the whole recovery is on the vid.
See yuh !

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No, your carnage does count. It is documented on photos :rotfl: Did you see mine. Nope, so it doesn't count :rotfl: We did get some footage of Josh's last rear wheel stand. Hell other then you Chris I'm the only one who seen the roll. Lee seen when your ass flipped and Bill didn't see any of it. I'm not sure how that happened. They must of been nappin.
The man drives like a mad man then when he is driving like a Granny it does a slow motion summer sault. Each time I see one of these rolls it gets stranger.
Josh's Cheap Jeep sure passed its test today. Made it all the way through 2 HD unassisted. After a little repair break here and there.
Bren or should I say Bren and Jen tried the right side and their day ended when Bren snapped a Dana 60 stub axle and wiped out his steering. \

Hey Chris looks like your missing a little hair on that arm. How did rippin that tape off feel ? Super glue your hide back on.

Yeah, that tape stuck well! Pulled the hair off of my arm. Can't believe I came out ok, it was going back in to put the park brake on is where I got cut....:darn: :lame:

Yeah, how come when I am easy on the Cherokee, it bites back? Stupid Jeep. I was dropping off that ledge like I have done times before, except without power steering, when the left wheel started to drop down, it jerked the wheel out of my hands and the zipped right in an instant, and then it was too late. It felt like a very slow roll. I thought it was going to stay on it's side, then felt it pitching again, that is when it fell off and dropped onto its roof. I am a little sore today though. I was pretty happy it fired right up after being upside down for a few minutes.

The song for the video says it all. "Cold Hearted Bitch" is what my Jeep is!:rotfl: :rotfl:

Well, in order to get back in, I put the hi lift from the roof to the floor and raised the drivers side. Then I could open and shut the drivers door :thumb: . Plans are to get a temporary front exo on this week for the sand, of course without front doors. Also, I will be cutting the rear frames off so they will open and shut. You know, I always said, just waiting to roll it to have a reason to cut it up!! (I actually said that to Bren earlier in the day) Josh brought up a good point, that is the second time my drivetrain has been rollled.:darn:

Josh's Jeep was mighty impressive. 33's on fullsize axles, with welds in both ends, and a drivetrain that was no longer attached to the vehicle.He made the whole trail unassisted. In fact, we actually had to unstack rocks at the bottom waterfall.

Hey Scott, what was it you were saying to Bill seconds before you caught a glimpse of my tire going airborne?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
189 Posts
nice work on the roll chris, i guess you have to cut off the top now:idea: . thanks everyone for the help i look forward to another trail run with you all. scott thanks for setting it up.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hey Scott, what was it you were saying to Bill seconds before you caught a glimpse of my tire going airborne?
"This is right where I almost rolled last year" Then you showed me how to do it. I was headed down the other side though, where Josh got all tippy.
Interesting day for sure.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts