Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has done this on a blazer (I am guessing the same would apply to a pickup) let me know what extra stuff you had to do. I don't think I will be able to get a suspension lift on my 84 before Moab and am considering the body lift route. :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I've run a 3" a 2" and currently a 1". The only things are the automatic shifter and the radiator shroud. The tailgate springs also end up going away. Might have to heat up the transfer case shifter and bend it a little. Other then those things, I cant think of much else.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
I have been kicking around the idea of a body lift on my fullsize. But, what I want to do is jack the engine/trans/tcase and the fuel tanks the same amount. I know it's a lot of work, but you would gain some serious ground clearance in the middle of the frame. That way I can have a crossmember the the tcase that is close to flush with the frame. If everything goes up 3 inches then you only worry about mainly the steering shaft and possibly your bumpers depending on how they are set up.

I don't care for just straight body lifts, but doing one with the idea of jacking the drivetrain for clearance I think is awesome. Also, that would allow you to run flatter leafs with bigger tires =more flex and offroadability!

Just a thought anyways.....anyone ever done this??

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that was acutally my thought too but in the long run it seems it would take quite a bit of fab time to move everything up :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
155 Posts

chris i think i may try this with the 72 jimmy. its just motor mounts, t-case xmember and for your gas tanks about 2 hrs max. i had a friend move his tanks up 3'' after he put a 3'' body lift in.

i may use a 3'' lift on the jimmy, to get the flat bottom hummer look(h1)

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts