Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is the first time i have ever owned a ford it is a bronco II with a six cylinder, locking front hubs, and a factory limited slip in the rear well i took the bronco II out yesterday and when climbing some rocks i noticed that when one of the front tires would come off the ground it would not move would transfer all the power to that tire, do they make a limited slip for a bronco II for the front, the owners manual says the rear has a limited slip already in it. is this a good idea to put one in the front? also i was told they dont make a lift kit for these true or false?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Whoever you talked to, don't know nuthing. They make plenty of lifts for a Bronco II or at least they used to. Be very carefull, they are prone to rolling over at the factory height. I used to have a '86 Bronco II and I absolutely loved that thing. It was my first 4x4 but that thing would go about anywhere a high schooler wanted to go. and yeah I even had it up on two tires quite a few times. and even on no tires with about 4 feet of air under them at one time... I don't recomend that though, its alittle hard on the suspension. Also they do make lockers for those axles, but very few. I believe it is a Dana 28 TTB front end and a Ford 7.5" in the rear....also I wouldn't be suprised if the factory limited slip is all "slipped" out, the clutch packs tend to wear out after so many years.... I had a set of Kumho PowerPrimas in P235/75R15's on my mine, yeah a highway tire that cost $35 a tire back in the day and thing would go everywhere and more places than all my buddies farm fords and chev's would. Although it was lighter and I wasn't afraid of the RPM's.....with enough tire speed you can go alot of places......

and break a lot of shit!!!!

·
Registered
2,986 Posts

Go to Jamesduff.com and you will see plenty of lift kits for them. Duff has forgotten more about Broncos than we will ever learn. They make some cool stuff for them. If you call them, you will get plenty of info.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kinda looking for some names of lifts, and lockers, where to get them also thanks for the imput.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
str8six4me said:
kinda looking for some names of lifts, and lockers, where to get them also thanks for the imput.
www.jamesduff.com
wildhorses.com
search jeffs bronco graveyard
Deaver

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Thanks!

·
Registered
183 Posts
go to www.therangerstation.com it's all rangers, bronco2s, exporlers, and mazda bs. check the tech library, lots of info.

jim

·
Registered
308 Posts
Old post, but...I've got a B2, so if you need any info, let me know and I can help you out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts