Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1985 chevy s-10 that i've had for a week now. it 4wheel drive and i've had a lot of fun with it so far but, 2 days ago the 4wheel drive went out. The transfercase spins the front wheel drive shaft but the tires dont move. but at the same time the tires are not free spinning either. On the '85 theres no cover, it just splits in half so cant easily look at it. If any body can give me an idea whats wrong and how to fix it i would appreciate it very much. thanks

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts
Your front axle is engaged by a vacuum servo that sits underneath the battery tray. It is pretty common for the vacuum line or the servo to get damaged by leaking battery acid.

Put your rig in four wheel drive, leave it running and check to see if you have vacuum at the servo, if not, trace the hose back to the switch.

If you do have vacuum, you either have a faulty servo or cable, or somethng in your front end is damaged.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 2 of 2 Posts