Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought that all the crew cabs that were made after 77 were 1 tons where they were 2 or 4 wheel drive. This weeked I went and looked at an 84' crew cab 2 wheel drive that said it was a 3/4 ton is that right or did someone change the badges?

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
they made several 3/4 ton crew cabs. As far as I know, they were all single rear wheels, and the 4x4 ones had D44's or 10 bolts in the front, and had 350's or 400's, none came with a 454 like some of the 1 tons did.

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know the name of the dealer it is on the blvd. in Nampa. I also have a lead on a 78 4x4 single rear wheel 454 4 speed with 4.56 and 35" tires. Were is the one in meridian?

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Owyhee Rock Man said:
I wish I could find a 94 Dodge Cummins 4 door 2X4. Then take the pump out and make some changes along with exhaust and intake, then add a Jake to it.
AMEN!:bowdown:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Owyhee Rock Man said:
They were available in 3/4 and 1 ton single wheel configurations as well as the 1 ton dually.

You look at that 84 at HUM Motors? There is also a 79 in Meridian with a bent R.R. door. And 74 4X4 in Nampa. All are blue faded paint. I'm shopping for pretty much the same thing, so I have seen alot of older 4 door chevys. I wish I could find a 94 Dodge Cummins 4 door 2X4. Then take the pump out and make some changes along with exhaust and intake, then add a Jake to it.
Dodge did not make a crew cab in 1994...they had an extra cab...with no opening doors for the rear...or regular cab.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
If you wanna reincarnate, south west of Farmway, on Homedale road, there is a swet I would guess 86 ish, from the colors and trim 4 dorr lb 4x4, centerlines, the smooth ones, ya know? sitting, on the west (caldwell) side of the road.

Thinking about hitting up for donor 14 blts for Clifford, but too pretty of a truck to be stripped as a parts donor beast.

No idea why parked, just is.

Med Blue metallic on top, charcoal in middle, and then the blue repeats.

Good looking rig. Could be .75, or 1.0 ton, dunno.

·
semi-pro hack
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it is a 4x4 newer than a 77 then it is 1ton ie D60f 14bff rear. I have already bought a 83 2wd crewcab 3/4 ton.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts