Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey does anyone know anything about my question. I have a 1980 3/4 ton chevy. I was wanting to put a 12 inch suspension and run 44 in tires. The question is can I run 44 inch tires with a 12 inch lift without cutting the fenders. If anyone can help me I would apprieciate it. Thanks!!!!!

·
What next?
3,965 Posts
If you are sitting still for a show it will fit, but you wont be able to turn.

To even get close you will need 12" susp. plus a 3" body.

You still might rub in and out of driveways curbs etc with that much lift.

This is my opinion, feel free to seek other answers.

·
Wrench Wench
6,190 Posts

·
Trail Runner
598 Posts
My pick-up has 12" and 39.5 TSL's and clear with ease. The lift came from a truck with 44's and it had to have a 3 inch body lift to avoid cutting. The width and back-spacing on your wheels will greatly influince it as well.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Come on, with just a little bit of cutting (whole lot) you can fit 44's with 4 inches of lift.

Steve is right though, you will probably have to trim at least a little bit of the lower corners to make it all fit.
i can vouch for 38s with 4 inches wtih out to much cutting. if your wheeling you dont need body panels anyways lol

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
as others have said 44s with no trimming is a 12" lift and a 3" body lift at a minimum I have seen people drop their hangers etc to make up the inch or two they still need to clear them.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
With 12 and 3 you still have to trim the corners and if you flex you will cut your tires

1 - 7 of 7 Posts