Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they have to retube it but it seems a little high.

Or is that the going rate? I need to add about 5 inches to the rear one. What do you think?

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I think you should cut the tube and sleeve it with the next size over. I've done it, worked great. If you want to get real tricky you can grind the welds off the ends and just install 1 new longer tube in it's place

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I think that's high...... call mussellmans in IF... also ask Steve who the guy that he knows that does that stuff pretty cheap too....

·
Site Supporter
2,286 Posts
Yah Mr. Driveline is good but you might get your stuff in a day and you might get it in a couple of weeks. Overall I think musselmans is the best place up here I had a driveshaft retubed there and it cost me 75 bucks :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Registered
781 Posts
Yeah, mister driveline does a good job, but he is more expensive and like Eric said who knows when you'll get it back, musslemans has been doing them for about $75 in the same day, these are pretty short drivelines, a longer rear one might be more :thumb: 522-7601

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Had mine done at musselmans too, they did a nice job and had to turn down the ends to accept standard tubeing instead of metric, charged me like a $150 to turn and lengthen the front and straighten and shorten the rear. Sounds to me like you are getting ripped off!!

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll have to give the guy a call then. I had the place here shorten a driveline for my Chevelle a few years ago and it was $75.

It would be worth it to drive up there for the savings.

Thanks for the leads. :thumb:

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
257 Posts
Mr Driveline has hired some help and he is getting stuff done the same day. He has way better prices than Hosermans, Musslemans wanted over $95 for a fricken slip yoke for my jeep + shipping , and Mr. driveline hooked me up for $30. Musselmans also told me I was stupid for wanting to fix my DS and that only a fool would lift a jeep :angryfir: . I don't care if you drive a ford, chervy, dodge, sami or what ever, their attitude really sucks. Then they told me that they don't put "competitors" Ujoints into "their" DS. After all the crap I got from them, I told them that it wasn't "their DS", it was mine, secondly, they were just the monkies paid to work on it, and upon further reflection, they would not be getting my business, and as far as I was concerned their was no Driveline shop in IF. :angryfir: :finger: :firedevi:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts