Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 13 of 14 Posts

·
Going Postal
4,026 Posts
I've got them on and its worth the effort. Diy4x sells them for a good deal.

Planet | 4X4 | Forum

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
yeah, I highly recommend getting the setup that DIY4X has, the price is damn good, and the products are top notch...
on another note, anyone know where a good source for either caddy calipers, or wilwood calipers with the ebrake provision??

·
Registered
268 Posts
The best price on the calipers I found was at Advance Auto Parts. I've had them on for a couple years and still havent hooked them up. :roll:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How much are the caddy brakes. How do they work? I've read somewhere that they aren't for bigger tires on large rigs. I have a CJ so I would think they would work ok.

The d.i.y. brackets look good. I like the idea of having the plate spacers instead of having the smaller pipe like spacers for each bolt.

·
Registered
268 Posts
AJ Johnson said:
lol, trade me for my regular ones then, I'll even pay shipping both ways! :thumb:
I'm going to hook them up soon. I'm probably gonna have to have them to get an inspection sticker. My old inspector is 160 mi. away.

·
Registered
268 Posts
The caddy calipers work just fine. They are like most standard gm calipers, just with an internal mechanism for the parking brake. I dont remember how much I paid. Do a search and you will probably find a previous thread where I listed the prices.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ordered the brackets from DIY today. They should get here in two to three weeks. I think the caddy calipers are the way to go for me. Hopefully I can have everything put back together by spring. I keep getting alittle at a time.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have heard alot about the caddy calipers but haven't heard if 15" wheels will work. I would like to use the larger 76-78 calipers and was wondering if they would fit a 15" wheel?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:thumb: GREAT!! Ahead of schedule. :beer: I'm looking forward to getting them on. Any idea on the 15" rims? Also, what are the best e-brake cables to use? I've read xj cables work.

·
Registered
184 Posts
As far as e brake cables go I haven't a clue. I took everything of my ebrake and pitched it. Even the pedal. :rotfl:

I haven't heard of any body having trouble with 15" rims. Have you heard of interference??

Local friend of mine has 15's on his with my kit and didn't have problems. Maybe its his backspacing

1 - 13 of 14 Posts