Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I got the info on this years assoc rally being put on down there in Rexburg. I for one am really going to try to get down there if for no other reason than to show the same great support for you guys as some of you that made the trek all the way up here did for us.:thumb: My question is can some of you who are organizing the runs give us some info about the trails and such that you are planning? I see from the note I got there will be mountain runs, sand, and rocks. How hard would you rate the runs in each catagory? Is the sand stuff going to be big horsepower requireing or all around? would you rate the rock runs 4's, 5's or what. I am just trying to figure out how best to spend the time once there.

It probably won't effect me showing up, I'll try to be there anyway but it might change what I pack with me. For instance if the mountain runs are just your basic run of the mill trail ride I will probably skip it and spend more time in the rocks & sand but if they are sick knarly tight technical stuff then I'd be interested. Just not sure what your side of the state has really and I bet there are a few others who would like to know too.

In any event I hope we can surprise you guys by having a bunch of us show up for the weekend!:deal: It helps that my wifes brother lives in Blackfoot so she can do some visiting while we are there too.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Glad to hear we have your support! We have a great variety of trails planned. There will be two rock trails, two sand runs, two trail runs each day. One of the sand and one of the rock runs will be fairly easy. (not huge horsepower needed). The "easy" rock run is fairly technical and a challenge for many. Can be done open, but tougher. The hard sand and rock runs will be for built rigs. The big dunes will require more power or correct gearing and will be much harder than the other one. The rock trail will be pretty tough. I expect about half the rigs will be able to run it. Each of these will be half day runs so if you were fairly stock you could run the easy sand in the morning and easy rocks in the afternoon on the same day. Same for the tough stuff. We will have two trail runs each day, so if that is your cup of tea, you can do both. One on each day. I will let Rockbrkr chime in on the trails themselves. He is in charge of that. We will be doing a lot of pre-running and will have the registration forms soon.

We are looking forward to having a great time and welcome all of you!:drive:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
We are hoping to make this run as well :D

How far of a drive should we expect? Also, if for some reason we cant make friday's run, will the tough stuff be available on saturday?

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Be sure everyone planning on the sand runs has a flag! It has to be 6 feet from the ground min. Since we have big rigs compared to the sand toys, I would like to see 7-8 foot flags from the ground on every vehicle. The hard trail will be availible to run both Friday and Saturday. If you make it Shane, I'll make sure you get out there. From Rexburg plan on about 10 miles out to the trail head, towing would be recommended for your rig, plenty of room to get tow rigs into the trail head and park, unload, ect. The tow rigs are almost always in sight from the trail. From rexburg to the sand is about 20 miles and plenty of room to load unload ect. out there. Don't forget your flags!:thumb:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
krazytoy said:
Be sure everyone planning on the sand runs has a flag! It has to be 6 feet from the ground min. Since we have big rigs compared to the sand toys, I would like to see 7-8 foot flags from the ground on every vehicle. The hard trail will be availible to run both Friday and Saturday. If you make it Shane, I'll make sure you get out there. From Rexburg plan on about 10 miles out to the trail head, towing would be recommended for your rig, plenty of room to get tow rigs into the trail head and park, unload, ect. The tow rigs are almost always in sight from the trail. From rexburg to the sand is about 20 miles and plenty of room to load unload ect. out there. Don't forget your flags!:thumb:
Sounds good, we will have a :beer: while im in town :D

How far of a drive from Boise to Rexburg?

Flag, what does it have go be? Orange, or just a flag :D

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Boise to Rexburg is like 300 miles, all interstate, probably about 4 1/2 hrs or so depending on how ya drive. The flags don't have to be any certain color, but bright is better, I have a lighted buggy whip, puts a good glow at night and is easy for everyone else to see, plus it gives you a little light to find the:beer: ! Oh yeah first round is on me!

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
Rudezuk said:

make it a rebel flag!!!!!!:drive: :drive: :drive:

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Rudezuk said:
Rainbow:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
DinoWagonMan!
2,732 Posts
We hope that we get tons of exposure on this event. It was opened up to the public for that very reason:deal:

Please invite all you can to register and attend:deal:

we hope so have everything from unclimbable rocks to easy senic mountain roads......something for everyone!!!!!!:popcorn: :popcorn:

so put the word out!!!! best $30 you can spend!!!!

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
cannoncrawler said:
We hope that we get tons of exposure on this event. It was opened up to the public for that very reason:deal:

Please invite all you can to register and attend:deal:

we hope so have everything from unclimbable rocks to easy senic mountain roads......something for everyone!!!!!!:popcorn: :popcorn:

so put the word out!!!! best $30 you can spend!!!!

Unclimbable, sounds like another challenge. I am headed out to this for sure. Planning to haul the Jeep and Mikeys slide in camper. Shane, we can caravan out there, I am sure there are lots of folks headed out there. There is tons of event information on the Snake River Offroaders website, and I am sure that more and more information will be posted up. These guys presented the event at the association meeting and they have a fantastic variety of events planned. I cant freakin' wait. Does anyone have some funny gas and a plate for a 4.0 throttle body??? :thumb:

Lastly, Paul, I have room if you need to haul stuff out there. Camping gear, parts etc...

·
Registered
781 Posts
We are going to be offering two runs to the sand dunes each day, and two runs on the rocks each day, we plan to alternate easy and hard so people can mix it up a little if they want:thumb:

As far as the trails go,.......I have a few different things in mind, for one run we would like to head out through the desert and check out some big lava craters, then end up in the mountains, then back to town, this time of year the desert should still be green and in bloom, this trail will not be very challenging, but very senic in a couple different landscapes. There is also ALOT of caves out there, I don't know how much time or interest we would have for that, but that's another option as well.
We have alot of very mild mountain trails with lots of beautifull scenery to be had, not much of a challenge as far as 4 wheeling goes (unless there is still some snow up high!), but lots of clean air to breath, and scenic vistas.
In the end we would like to offer two trail rides a day, one to the mountians and one to the desert, that way if all someone wants to do is trail ride, they can go each day and not see the same thing twice.

Please give me some feedback on this so we can make sure everyone has a great time:thumb:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds great!. I think I'll skip the trail riding but the rocks and sand sound fun! I been out on the dunes but it was on a dirt bike and not up there. I have always heard that your dunes are as good as they get so I'll look forward to checking them out. We like the rocks around here so thats a no brainer. See then!:thumb:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Maybe I missed something, but what event is this? Where and when is it? Is it the Idaho State 4X4 Association Run in June?

It sounds like a blast. I would be all for the trail rides.

What is the fee for?

·
Registered
2,986 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey Rokbrkr:
The two different trail runs sound good. I plan to hit the rocks one day and do the scenic thing the other. My little 4-banger does not like sand :-(

Does anyone do night runs in the dunes? If not too dangerous, that sounds like a fun thing to watch. Of course, in June night starts pretty late.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Yep, yep, here is the link:

http://idahostate4x4association.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=58

Obviously there is more information to be released, but these guys are doing a fantastic job of getting the word out on this run.

Ron_Egress said:
Maybe I missed something, but what event is this? Where and when is it? Is it the Idaho State 4X4 Association Run in June?

It sounds like a blast. I would be all for the trail rides.

What is the fee for?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Blue-J said:
Hey Rokbrkr:
The two different trail runs sound good. I plan to hit the rocks one day and do the scenic thing the other. My little 4-banger does not like sand :-(

Does anyone do night runs in the dunes? If not too dangerous, that sounds like a fun thing to watch. Of course, in June night starts pretty late.
We thought it would be a good idea to offer up a decent variety for all, I wish we had a little more challenging trail rides close, but I think the ones we have in mind should be a fun and beautifull way to spend the day:drive:

I wouldn't be surprised to see some people go out to the dunes at night and screw around:thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
rokbrkr said:
I wouldn't be surprised to see some people go out to the dunes at night and screw around:thumb:
I am Game! I Love the sand at night, it is my most favorite time to be out! Your 4 cylinder will do fine in the sand! Hell my old 20r toyota motor that had maybe 60 hp did just fine and that was turnin 35's. Just can't be afraid of the red line!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts