For Sale: 2001 Ford F-250 XLT Superduty 4x4 7.3 Turbo Diesel Super-Crew Cab - Planet 4x4
Go Back   Planet 4x4 > Planet 4x4 Classifieds > Vehicles and Trailers

Vehicles and Trailers Sell your 4x4's, Tow Rigs and Trailers here!

Old 10-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
Redmist
Trail Runner

For Sale: 2001 Ford F-250 XLT Superduty 4x4 7.3 Turbo Diesel Super-Crew Cab

For Sale: 2001 Ford F-250 XLT Superduty 4x4 7.3 Turbo Diesel Super-Crew Cab 226,000 miles
$10,200 Reduced
I am the second owner of this truck, and I have taken amazing care of it during my ownership of it. I purchased this truck from Meridian Ford where the previous owner had purchased it new. It was maintained (oil changes and basic fluids) by Meridian Ford its entire life. I have all the maintenance records for this truck during my ownership period to include a full OASIS report, and carfax.
This truck runs like a top and has ZERO major issues. You could get in this truck and drive it coast to coast without hesitation. Anything I replaced, I date coded with a paint pen where applicable. On top of that, I have never abused the truck, and it was adult owned. I have kept it exceptionally clean its entire life as well. During my ownership I did upgrades in places to make it more comfortable, and give me peace of mind. I use this truck as my current daily driver, and towed a Jeep to Moab Utah about 3 times a year. I will list recent replacement parts as best I can remember from within the last year.
All new Moog ball joints, and Timken Unit Bearings/ seals
New track bar and front and rear shocks
New radiator hoses, Billet thermostat housing, 203deg T-Stat, water pump and serpentine belt
I rebuilt the entire fuel bowl replacing seals, fuel heater, Fuel pressure regulator, and bowl drain
Along the way I upgraded the stereo and alarm system. It has a JL-Audio stealth box hidden in the center buddy seat. Rockford speakers, Kenwood DVD/NAV/Backup camera head unit with Sirius antenna. Alarm is a Viper unit with Turbo cool down timer, Auto start hooked to "wait to start" light on start delay.
Performance upgrades were done as well to help in towing, and they were done correctly. Nothing is cobbled together on this truck, and it was never tractor pulled, mud bogged, or anything of the sort. All upgrades were done do reduce exhaust gas temps, and make the truck happier to tow.
Tekansha P3 brake controller integrated in the dash. DI-Pricol Gauges in the A-Pillar for Boost, Trans-temp, and Exhaust Gas Temps. The gauges match the factory gauges perfectly. Full 4" Magnaflow turbo back exhaust that is NOT LOUD, and sounds almost stock. Installed Wicked wheel in turbo to eliminate turbo surge. Boost fooler on MAP, HPX Crossover on heads, FRX crossover on fuel for a regulated return. Tymer intake, 6.0 Trans cooler. I also have a DP-Tuner with an F5 Switch that was custom tuned to the truck. This is not a cracker jack box edge or bullydog tuner. It was custom tuned to this trucks mods, altitude, and driving style. It can be refined by Jody at DP-Tuner based on customers' needs or wants. Currently it has a 60 HP Tow, 80 HP Econo, 100 HP Performance, and a 120 HP race tune in it. It stays in the stock tune about 98% of the time.
Current problems with the truck are a cracked front window, drivers side window is lazy to roll down, and I need to put a new glow plug relay in it. Tires have about another 10,000 miles left in them Total Miles on this truck is just a hair over 226,000.
Overall you would be hard pressed to find a better setup, better maintained, cleaner 7.3 in the area. I prided myself on taking care of this truck, but it's time to move on. I can't justify the large truck any longer with the ever decreasing amount of towing I do. I would rather get it in the hands of someone who can use it for what it is instead of driving it as a commuter car.
If you have any questions feel free to call:

Ryan
2-0-8-484-5-487

Last edited by Redmist; 11-19-2012 at 03:42 PM..
Redmist is offline   Reply With Quote

Join Planet4x4! It's Free!
Join Planet4x4 For Free! If this is your first visit to Planet4x4 please take the time to join us .

Registering is required for you to post on the forums. Joining us will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, search our forums, view attachments, and take advantage of the many other contents of Planet4x4.net! It's free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click here to join our community!

If you are already a member of Planet4x4, please login above to gain full access to the site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
Redmist
Trail Runner

Re: For Sale: 2001 Ford F-250 XLT Superduty 4x4 7.3 Turbo Diesel Super-Crew Cab

Bump, Reduced to $11,200 Also on Craigslist.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #3
Redmist
Trail Runner

Final price reduction, $10,200

Going on friends car lot as consignment.

Please do not call me over and over again telling me how a cummins is better, but you like my truck cuz you can't find a cummins that's better.

Old 04-25-2019, 02:40 AM   #4
martinbrown8474
Newby

I have also ford raptor, we are using that for blocked driveway towing Manhattan, no doubt very powerful machine yeah I know it consumes more fuel. but no compromise in performance.
martinbrown8474 is offline   Reply With Quote