General 4x4 Talk For all Offroaders

Old 06-26-2006, 04:49 PM   #101
Clydesdale4x4
Trail Leader

Re: Stop Here and Introduce Yourself!

cool pics, sense of humor, and rig.
Clydesdale4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Join Planet4x4! It's Free!
Join Planet4x4 For Free! If this is your first visit to Planet4x4 please take the time to join us .

Registering is required for you to post on the forums. Joining us will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, search our forums, view attachments, and take advantage of the many other contents of Planet4x4.net! It's free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click here to join our community!

If you are already a member of Planet4x4, please login above to gain full access to the site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2006, 05:35 PM   #102
Bluesman

Howdy, Bluesman checking in.
My BIL sent me this way.

Last edited by Bluesman; 07-04-2006 at 09:25 AM..
Bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:15 PM   #103
rodzillax3
Trail Runner

My name is Jim Cambou I am married and my Bootyful wife is Trudi. We have 3 boyz.....
Alex=(Poonie) 11yo
Zack=(Boog)-3yo
Maxx=(poopuz) 1yo...

Zack and I have a Cammoed....Doorless, Caged, rockrailed bumpered, Bobbed, 1985 toyota P.U. with a F.I. 22re

It currently has 33's and 2 inch wheel spacers.... front and back with 5.29's / a spool in the rear as well as a detroit in the front...It has rear main leafs on the front axle with allpro lift springs added to them with allpro greasable lift shackles/ Ifs Crossover power steering.

The rear axle has 63" chevy springs with missing-link shackles ...It is purty darn flexy! and capable.....

and the future upgrades are a marlin single 4.7 t-case..as well as 30 spline longfields up front.....
rodzillax3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2006, 03:46 PM   #104
MTMoore

My name is Mike Moore. My wife and I have a 1979 CJ7. Spring over and 35's. Still in progress. Currently we do not belong to a club, but plan to sometime soon. Our Jeep has not seen a trail in a long time.
MTMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:06 PM   #105
Tortoise

HI
I AM SCOTT AND I JUST MOVED TO REXBURG W/ MY WIFE, ANGELINE, AND 2 MONTH OLD DAUGHTER, MCKINLEY.
WE HAVE TWO JEEPS;
MINE IS A 79 CHEROKEE S IN DISQUISE AS AN 81 CHIEF
IT HAS 4 INCH BJS OFFROAD SPRINGS AND A 2 INCH BODY LIFT.
BLACK DIAMOND SHOCKS AND STEERING STABILIZER.
35X12.50X17 MICKEY THOMPSON BAJA CLAWS MOUNTED ON 17X8 CRAGAR BLACK STEELIES, BOLTED TO FRONT AND REAR D44'S.(2" WHEEL SPACERS TO KEEP THE MEATS OFF THE LEAF SPRINGS)
THE AXLES ARE STUFFED WITH 4.10 GEARS, A DETROIT LOCKER IN THE REAR AND AN ARB IN THE FRONT. IT'S GOT ON BOARD AIR, AN ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP IN THE TANK, POWER STEERING AND TRANIE COOLERS, UPGRADED BRAKE BOOSTER, THE CB AND RADIO ARE HOOKED UP TO A 9 FT HMMWV ANTENNA, HOME MADE F/R STEEL BUMPERS AND ROCK SLIDERS, A WARN 8,000 LB WINCH SITS UP FRONT IN BETWEEN A PAIR OF HELLA LIGHTS, I JUST DROPED IN A REBUILT 360 FROM A DONER CHIEF. IT'S STILL CARBURATED BY A ROCHESTER Q-JET, THE DISTRIBUTOR HAS THE CAP AND ROTOR FROM A FORD BIG BLOCK ON IT, AN OPTIMA YELLOW TOP IS UNDER THE HOOD NOW!(IT WAS EITHER AN OPTMIA OR A REPLACEMENT CARPET KIT).
THE BODY IS IN PRISTINE CONDITION...WITH ALL THE ROCKS AND TREES I HAVE BOUNCED OFF WHILE LIVING IN COLORADO IT WON'T BE LONG BEFORE I WILL HAVE A NARROWED REAR END!!!

MY WIFE DRIVES A 2004 WJ SPECIAL EDITION W/ THE 4.7
IT HAS A 2.5 INCH OME SUSPENTION W/ THE OME STEERING STABILIZER(SHE MANGLED THE STOCK STABILIZER ON A ROCK )
IT IS RUNNING 245X75X16 BFG MT'S ON THE STOCK SILVERSTAR WHEELS.
I INSTALLED A REMOTE MOUNT COBRA CB AND FIRE STICK SO WE COULD YELL...I MEAN TALK TO EACH OTHER ON THE ROAD AND TRAIL.

WE LIVED IN FAIRBANKS, ALASKA FOR 3 YEARS AND WE WERE OUT ON THE TRAILS OFTEN. WE MOVED TO GLENWOOD SPRINGS, COLORADO NEXT. IT WAS GREAT TO BE ONLY 3 HOURS FROM MOAB, ESPECIALY SINCE MY DAD WAS BORN AND RAISED THERE. MY GRANDMA LIVES RIGHT BEHIND THE WELCOME CENTER AND SHE DROVE AN XJ UNTIL SHE WAS 90 (SHE IS 93 NOW)

WE LOOK FOREWARD TO EXPLORING THIS AREA
Tortoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:55 PM   #106
Lavacrawler
Trail Leader

Welcome to the area Scott. There's a large group of us
( www.snakeriveroffroaders.com ) that wheel Rexburg alot.
We are actually going to be up that way to wheel the rock trail with some guests from Utah on Sat. the 22nd. You are more then welcome to come along.
There's quite a few members of our club that live in Rexburg and some of us who don't live there work up there.
Sounds like you got a couple nice Jeeps
Cory

Old 07-13-2006, 10:07 PM   #107
eazy
Riding Shotgun

My name is Ian,

I am a 21 year old, happily married, college student from Idaho Falls. I currently drive a 1997 Volkswagen Jetta GLX or a 1992 Volkswagen Jetta GL but I recently had a 1992 XJ that was a tastefully modded off road monster. I miss my Cherokee quite a bit, but with gas prices up my Jetta's are the way to go. I also have owned 2 Samurais, one soft top and one hard. The soft top was side swiped by a drunk driver and totaled 5 hours after I bought it. The hardtop was sold to a friend shortly after I bought my Jeep. I didn't want to get rid of it but I didn't need it and he did so I made him a good deal on it. I am still very interested in off-roading and was reminded of this site (I was a member when the site first opened about 3 years ago) by my good friend blazinzuk (eric). He's been a good friend for a long time and taught me most everything I know about all forms of off roading.

Really, I'm not very cool, and you probably won't ever see me around because I work 2 jobs as well as go to school.

I just thought I would meet the requirements of this thread.

Thanks,

-E
eazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:21 AM   #108
nate
Trail Leader

When did you live in Fairbanks? I was in Anchorage for 4 years (02-05). I know a few people that were up in Fairbanks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortoise
HI
I AM SCOTT AND I JUST MOVED TO REXBURG W/ MY WIFE, ANGELINE, AND 2 MONTH OLD DAUGHTER, MCKINLEY.
WE HAVE TWO JEEPS;
35X12.50X17 MICKEY THOMPSON BAJA CLAWS MOUNTED ON 17X8 CRAGAR BLACK STEELIES, BOLTED TO FRONT AND REAR D44'S.(2" WHEEL SPACERS TO KEEP THE MEATS OFF THE LEAF SPRINGS)
THE AXLES ARE STUFFED WITH 4.10 GEARS, A DETROIT LOCKER IN THE REAR AND AN ARB IN THE FRONT. IT'S GOT ON BOARD AIR, AN ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP IN THE TANK, POWER STEERING AND TRANIE COOLERS, UPGRADED BRAKE BOOSTER, THE CB AND RADIO ARE HOOKED UP TO A 9 FT HMMWV ANTENNA, HOME MADE F/R STEEL BUMPERS AND ROCK SLIDERS, A WARN 8,000 LB WINCH SITS UP FRONT IN BETWEEN A PAIR OF HELLA LIGHTS, I JUST DROPED IN A REBUILT 360 FROM A DONER CHIEF. IT'S STILL CARBURATED BY A ROCHESTER Q-JET, THE DISTRIBUTOR HAS THE CAP AND ROTOR FROM A FORD BIG BLOCK ON IT, AN OPTIMA YELLOW TOP IS UNDER THE HOOD NOW!(IT WAS EITHER AN OPTMIA OR A REPLACEMENT CARPET KIT).
THE BODY IS IN PRISTINE CONDITION...WITH ALL THE ROCKS AND TREES I HAVE BOUNCED OFF WHILE LIVING IN COLORADO IT WON'T BE LONG BEFORE I WILL HAVE A NARROWED REAR END!!!

IT HAS A 2.5 INCH OME SUSPENTION W/ THE OME STEERING STABILIZER(SHE MANGLED THE STOCK STABILIZER ON A ROCK )
I INSTALLED A REMOTE MOUNT COBRA CB AND FIRE STICK SO WE COULD YELL...I MEAN TALK TO EACH OTHER ON THE ROAD AND TRAIL.

WE LIVED IN FAIRBANKS, ALASKA FOR 3 YEARS AND WE WERE OUT ON THE TRAILS OFTEN. WE MOVED TO GLENWOOD SPRINGS, COLORADO NEXT. IT WAS GREAT TO BE ONLY 3 HOURS FROM MOAB, ESPECIALY SINCE MY DAD WAS BORN AND RAISED THERE. MY GRANDMA LIVES RIGHT BEHIND THE WELCOME CENTER AND SHE DROVE AN XJ UNTIL SHE WAS 90 (SHE IS 93 NOW)

nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:32 AM   #109
AH
Trail Runner

Quote:
HI
WE HAVE TWO JEEPS;

Welcome, where you at here in town? I am off center street north of main. I head out on short trip every so often. PM me your phone number if you want me to let you know when I am going again.

Adam
AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:42 AM   #110
boise49ers
Trail Runner

Quote:
MY GRANDMA LIVES RIGHT BEHIND THE WELCOME CENTER AND SHE DROVE AN XJ UNTIL SHE WAS 90 (SHE IS 93 NOW)
What a gal ! Got to Love her
boise49ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:45 PM   #111

hey everyone i'm nathan i've recently joined wwor. i own land rover disco. i'm married, have a 2yr old hell raiser and work on base at the fire dept.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rover.jpg (13.6 KB, 228 views)
post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:47 PM   #112

here's the pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rover.jpg (13.6 KB, 223 views)
post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:29 PM   #113
Lavacrawler
Trail Leader

nice Rover. I've always liked to look of a lifted Discovery. There are a couple in Rexburg that are very nice.

Old 07-15-2006, 02:05 PM   #114
DVet77
Riding Shotgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman
Howdy, Bluesman checking in.
My BIL sent me this way.
Welcome Bro!!!

Damon here.

Right now I'm driving a '77 Power Wagon with 6" front / 4" rear lift, 360, 4bbl and 33"s. Just enough body damage to make it to not give too much of a $hit if I hurt it and an '83 FS Bronco project (POS) sitting beside the house with 347 Stroker and C6 hoping to line up some 1.25 ton axles (Locked Dana 60 front/ Locked Corporate 14 rear with 5.29's) for a swap.

Last edited by DVet77; 07-15-2006 at 02:11 PM..
DVet77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 11:46 PM   #115
Tortoise

I lived in Fairbanks from 01-04. I was stationed at Ft. Wainwright. (11B)
I am in the reserves now going to school full time. The Army was fun but I need a degree so i can get a real job!!!
Me and my wife on Post w/ our last two Jeeps
a 55 Willys and an 03 Rubicon
Old 07-16-2006, 01:05 PM   #116
Jamake-it

Hey Tortoise, where are you at? I'm at Mountain Home and just got back from TDY. Give me a shout with a PM if you're in Idaho! You should have been at the AO reunion in Moab for EJS.
Jamake-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 11:19 PM   #117
Tortoise

Hey
I stoped at Gary and Missy's on my way up to Rexburg. It was good to see them again.
I was in Detroit this April. A piece of me was in Moab though. I designed the new Moab Jeep Safari Logo for DCX
There are a ferw low res images of it here http://www.quadratec.com/community/j...rticle.php?a=7
( the sign above the Liberty )
Here is a better look

please don't save this image to your computer or use it for any other purpose with out my permission

I am trying to get into a reserve unit in Utah, maybe we can hook up in Moab. I will definatley be there for the 41st Safari!!!
Old 07-18-2006, 12:55 AM   #118
Clydesdale4x4
Trail Leader

nice art work.
Clydesdale4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:45 PM   #119
captanspeedy

Hi my name is Alan and I'm the president of MVRR (Magic Valley Rock Rats) her in Wendell. I drive "suzi" an '87 'zuki tin top. 1.3, 5spd, 3spd, twin stick 2lo case, spooled f/r, roof rack, bumpers.....ect.
captanspeedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:03 PM   #120
Chevycrew
What next?
911 and RescueModerator

I didnt even know there was a club down there....
Chevycrew is offline   Reply With Quote