Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

Stop Here and Introduce Yourself!

3M views 689 replies 344 participants last post by  RDOVERLAND 
#1 ·
Who are you and what do you drive, and post a pic if you can. :thumb:

#219 ·
Thanks! I actually didn't quite know what to think when I got out to take the pics and saw that. I actually got scared enough to craw under the truck to check for cracks in the frame, but everything looked ok! :thumb:

I've got to get the the truck cleaned out of my junk and fix a busted u-joint in the front axle, and the truck should be ready to hit the trail.:drive:

Maybe later I'll get to making the heater work properly and making the driver's door open from the inside. Nah... :rolleyes:

Hey, what are the laws concerning front bumpers here in Idaho? Will I get fined for not having one on the truck for right now?

Here's some more pics of the frame flex:

Attachments

#220 ·
Hey there,
My name is CJ and I don't know much about serious off-roading. I've taken the various trucks I've owned into some ridiculous and remote places (and considered myself lucky to have not hurt myself) but I'm not a hardcore off-roader. I'm stopping by to see if ya'll can teach me a thing or two.
Thanks for your time.
CJ (Eagle River, Alaska)

#221 ·
My name is Eric and I'm from Boise. I am hoping to make it to this months WWOR meeting. Until I purchased my 93 Landcruiser about a month ago I hadn't done to much wheeling other than playing around a little in the mud. I have been out twice now with some of the guys from WWOR and I'm now hooked. I also have two FJ40s. One has a 350 with an auto and 33s and the other is mostly stock stock other than a set of 31s.

Attachments

#224 · (Edited)
My name is Eric and I'm from Boise. I am hoping to make it to this months WWOR meeting. Until I purchased my 93 Landcruiser about a month ago I hadn't done to much wheeling other than playing around a little in the mud. I have been out twice now with some of the guys from WWOR and I'm now hooked. I also have two FJ40s. One has a 350 with an auto and 33s and the other is mostly stock stock other than a set of 31s.
generics clone???:confused:

welcome to Planet :thumb: WWOR is a fun group of guys and gals.

'toyota takover' full in effect!!!:rotfl:

#227 ·
hello,
where to start?im 38 -been 4x4'n since 88'.atsrted when i went to work for smokin rods 4x4 in spokane.worked there for 3-4 years just before it closed.had a 49 willys pickup with dana44's chevy 350/4spd with a 205 behind it.kinda got out of wheelin for a while and sold the truck.got back into trucks and now have 3.bought a 85 chevy 1/2 ton 350/700r4/208for $1000.day i picked it up the reverse went out so i got it for $500.drove it around for a year with no reverse,then the whole tranny went out when i was hauling some scrap to the yard.around the same time i bought the 85 i also bought a 82 3/4 ton 4speed with a blown 208for $400.i thought at the time that the parts were interchangeable-found out that i was wrong so i bought a 77 chevy with a 350/th350/203 rustbucket for $350 also thinking i could trade parts.found out again that that wasnt the case.so i took the motor trans and transfer out of the 77 and swapped into the 82.thats the truck i drive today.looking to fix up the 700r4 or fix the 208 for the 4 speed and run that.dont know yet.well you wanted to know,so there it is.currently live in nebraska but looking to move to lewiston soon,gotta girl up there wants me to come back.so we'll see.lived in spokane most of my life and loved wheelin when i was there ,so hoping to get back to the rock.this sand sucks.
hope you found some interesting things to laugh at in there ,i know i did.
thanks for looking
scott

#233 ·
Hi Everyone names John I'm not as crazy as some of you out there lol.
I got a 2004 F-350 lariut with lets just say a lot of lift hahahaa". In process of doing rear lift on truck she's bin my daily driver as of last year when i decided to drop my 60's out and go rockwells she will be rear steer and yes ppl its not a street queen. she works out in the oil patch with me,
so it gets dirty as well. :) plans are doing a 650 front conversion dually rear fenders . I plan on putting her in shows and mud bogs if they'll let me hahahaha street tires are mich 1600 r 20's and for off road 77" terra's heres some pics of my pride an joy

Attachments

#241 ·
Hi! My name is Jason and I currently live in Lincoln city, Oregon. I have an 84' Blazer, 1-ton axles, locked front and rear, hydo-assist steering, lots of tube work, 52" rear springs up front, 12k warn winch, Powertank on-board air, and lots of other goodies. I'm 33, married with 3 kids that all love to wheel.

#244 ·
My name is Jason and I live in Lincoln City,Oregon. I drive an 84' full-size Blazer with 39.5 cut Boggers, 1-ton axles with 513's with lockers, hydro-assist steering, tube bumpers and roll-cage, double bead-lock Stazwork wheels, rear disc brakes, on-board air, and lots of other goodies.

#245 ·
Let me guess......Your name is Jason Kay and you live in Oregon. lol