Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

Have I been asleep?

2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Clydesdale4x4 
#1 · (Edited)
#3 ·
If we are sharing opinions about it, I really like it. The idea of a wrangler that I can easily get my family in is very appealling.

#5 ·
I saw one at EJS. If I remember correctly it has a 116" wheelbase.

I saw a built up new Scrambler Rubicon (whatever they are called, the ones that are longer than a TJ) on some 35s or 37s and I would sell my ZJ without thinking twice for one of those.

#6 ·
very nice, mental imagery that is.
Now I am a Toyota guy at heart, but do they offer a SFA rig currently?
'nuff said.
That and with the advances that we as a manufacturing country have made, (wincing before I type) this newer stuff that we produce is almost as reliable.
I dunno' my $.02

#8 ·
I would buy one in a heartbeat if I could. A 4 door jeep that is convertable, I have been waiting for these my whole life. Unfortunately there is no way in hell I can buy a new car. But I will certainly go test drive them as soon as the dealer gets some. My question is will this be the end of the 2 dr wrangler. Just as the 4d everything else suv was the end of the 2 dr version

#11 ·
blazinzuk said:
My question is will this be the end of the 2 dr wrangler. Just as the 4d everything else suv was the end of the 2 dr version
Can you imagine the uproar if they did. It would be like not being able to buy a two door pickup, or better yet a two door sports car.:darn: I agree with getting one though, I'd love to get the Rubicon 4 door and put my wife and kids in it.

.......Wife :thumb:
..........|
..........V
:jeep:

#12 ·
Those rock. I would probably convert. Maybee in a few years when some good used ones are available.

#13 ·
Tortoise said:
No, they are still building the 2 door.
The four door models are the new unlimited's.
What I meant was most suvs started out as 2 doors and then they made them with 2 and 4 doors then only 4 doors only. Jeep is following the pattern of every other type of car pretty much, the older the model the bigger and heavier it gets. I hope it is immune to the 2door to 4 door trend

#14 ·
blazinzuk said:
What I meant was most suvs started out as 2 doors and then they made them with 2 and 4 doors then only 4 doors only. Jeep is following the pattern of every other type of car pretty much, the older the model the bigger and heavier it gets. I hope it is immune to the 2door to 4 door trend
Yep, just look at the full size blazer. It used to be 2 door with a removable hard top. Now it is a four door only with a fixed roof, and it's called a tahoe.

#15 ·
We got a chance to check out the new Jeeps, while they were down here doing photo shoots. There's some cool stuff like longer OEM links , but overall it's like everything new. Plastic everywhere and still too low stock for keeping the body out of the rocks. The new motor was reported to work well. AEV already has one, so Hemi motors are comming, a rumor has it that you will be able to order Hemis from the factory in the 4 doors. It's a rumor. Still havn't seen any here accept for the ones Jeep brought.
A little related triva, Dan Mick ( DM jeep tours Moab) got the last TJ built. The last production day of TJs was in June and 4 TJs were built, 3 sport models and the very last TJ off the line was a red Rubicon Unlimited. Dans been sporting it around like a peacock. I guess it 's cool having the last TJ ever built.:smokin:

#16 ·
blazinzuk said:

and following that out, I saw a factory lowrider Jeep the other day, the commander or whatever it is called, looked like the old Durango SSt, 5,9 and all.

I am sure this was a hemi, but it had the 18's, two cute little exhaust tips cuming outta the back....... Now that might make a good soccer hauler, but hwere is the trail rated in a lowrider producton Heep?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.