Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

2007 Jeep Wrangler

5K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  RJR-Jason 
#1 ·

See less See more
#4 ·
From an third party source that's already seen one.

"since its in print i can comment....
Rubicon model later 4 door to be built.
32 " tires standard
auto disco swaybar
NO SHOVEL!!
i did not see the 1/2 door they speak about...we will have to wait n see
the top does in fact have sections...i like that.
fenders DO in fact come off for wheeling...keep in mind the Jeep is wider"

Sorry for the multiple pages but I couldn't get it to let me post multiple pictures.

#14 · (Edited)
I see some major downers - the front is ugly, the grill is awful.

The v6 that is in the liberties is a total gas hog, but should be interesting to see it in action. THE GOOD PART --- SAME DRIVETRAIN AS THE LIBERTY IS THE NEW TurboDiesel will be available in these. Then we are talking :jeep:
Nate, the liberty fuel milage isnt that bad...

On the highway, you can get almost 25 out of them...

It is a pretty peppy motor too!

#6 ·
not using the goodyear mtr's anymore ...look like bfg's mud terrain

#9 ·
The wheelbase is like 116". LONG!

#12 ·
My wife really digs the ones in the limited edition green. I'm not sold on the grill, but the removable fenders are way cool.

#13 ·
Ok, it's been a while now. What is everyone's impression now? I looked at a Rubi today at Petersons. (I know, I know, It's like I'm going over to the Dark Side).

I understand there is a 3" lift available. What about stuff for the engine to coax a little more out of that 3.8?

#21 ·
I kinda like the new grille all cars need an update from time to time I'm waiting for the turbo diesel model is that gonna come in the form of the Rubicon and I wonder if I can get it in the four door if so I'm sold! :thumb::drive:

#23 ·
The New JK's are too BIG, It's the size of the Grand Cherokee now. I know bigger + strong = better in most eyes, but it's kinda going away from a compact wheeler, and turning into a FULL SIZE.

Pretty soon people will be talking about how they squeezed their Wrangler through this tight spot, that really wasn't that thight.

just my opinion.

-Blindstudios

#24 ·
The New JK's are too BIG, It's the size of the Grand Cherokee now. I know bigger + strong = better in most eyes, but it's kinda going away from a compact wheeler, and turning into a FULL SIZE.

Pretty soon people will be talking about how they squeezed their Wrangler through this tight spot, that really wasn't that thight.

just my opinion.

-Blindstudios
Do you own a Samurai?:rotfl:

Out of interest, what are the dimensions of the JK and the TJ. I am interested to know how much of a change it is.

#25 · (Edited)
TJ
Production:19972006
Engine:2.5 L AMCI4 2.4 L PowerTech I4 4.0 L AMC I6
Wheelbase:93.4 in (2372 mm)
Length:155.4 in (3947 mm)
Width:66.7 in (1694 mm)
Height:68.4 in (1737 mm)
Curb weight:3449 lb (1564 kg)

JK
Production:2007–present
Engine:3.8 L EGH V6
Wheelbase:95.4 in (2423.2 mm)
Length:152.8 in (3881.1 mm)
Width:73.7 in (1872.0 mm)
Height:70.9 in (1800.9 mm)

Nevermind, I found it.

For the article click here.

Total length is actually shorter on the JK but it is 6" wider and 1.5" taller. If you consider that you can put larger tires on with less lift then it is actually shorter and I am not sure but I would bet that rim offset isn't as nessecary so the widths are probably fairly comparable.

#26 · (Edited)
I picked up a broshure yesterday. Here's some dimensions out of it (Rubicon specs):

Width
  • 2Door - 73.7"
  • 4Door - 73.9"
Overall length (Front bumper to back of Spare tire)
  • 2Door - 163.8"
  • 4Door - 184.4"
Height
  • 2door - 72.4
  • 4Door - 72.3
Also, this is out of the Jeep UK site: The Wrangler is offered over there with the 2.8 diesel. Same as the Liberty. Has something like 160hp and almost 300 ft. lbs.. Gets 21 or 22 mpg EPA. It runs about $2000 more than the 3.8 Gas engine in the Wrangler.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.