Go Back   Planet 4x4 > Planet4x4.net News and Information > Planet 4x4 News

Planet 4x4 News Site News and Announcements

Old 05-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
Herzog
Somewhat Damaged
Admin

Planet4x4.net change of ownership

Hey everyone,

I'm posting for Greg as he currently doesn't have internet access where he is working, so bear with me.

We just wanted to keep you all in the loop with what's going on behind the scenes with Planet4x4. There has been a change in ownership and we've turned the community over to AutoGuide.com. For those of you that may not be familiar with AutoGuide, they specialize in running automotive forums and are true professionals in what they do. I believe this will be a very good step for Planet, as Greg and I haven't been able to dedicate the time that Planet needs. Some time ago Pirate4x4 was acquired by AutoGuide.com and the change has been a seamless one.

Greg and I will stay on for a few months to help with the transition, then we're going to back away as the owners. I know this isn't going to be easy for some of you to take, but all I ask is that you guys support this change and understand that it is for the best. Planet4x4 is a great community and will continue to be.

This hasn't been an easy decision for either of us to make, but I do feel its best for the community. Hopefully you all can see that, understand and respect this decision.

Their philosophy seems to be very non-intrusive and they like to keep things running the way the members want it to run. They really do run a good show and with their help you should have more resources and abilities to grow as a community at your disposal than Greg and I have been able to provide in the past.
Herzog is offline   Reply With Quote

Join Planet4x4! It's Free!
Join Planet4x4 For Free! If this is your first visit to Planet4x4 please take the time to join us .

Registering is required for you to post on the forums. Joining us will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, search our forums, view attachments, and take advantage of the many other contents of Planet4x4.net! It's free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click here to join our community!

If you are already a member of Planet4x4, please login above to gain full access to the site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
admin
Admin
Admin

Re: Planet4x4.net change of ownership

Hello everyone,

Thanks Shane and Greg. Just wanted to introduce myself first here. My name is Cayne and I’m the Forum Manager and your go to guy from AutoGuide.com. I wish Shane and Greg all the best with everything as it’s never easy for someone to let go of a great community like this. I will be working alongside with the staff as a team in order to try and keep the forum running as smoothly as it was before. I would like to try and make this transition seamless to the extent where it did not seem there was a transfer of ownership.

Autoguide.com runs about over 300 online automotive related communities offering enthusiasts content and information to help them get the most out of their rides. This small company is run by a good number of car enthusiasts and with expertise in graphic design, programming, server administration, and community support. They are based Toronto, Ontario and you can get a list of communities they run by visiting AutoGuide.com.

With the migration of Planet4x4.net onto our servers, this will help the site run faster and with less bugs. The staff at Autoguide.com work very hard to make the site run smoothly and take care of any issues that may arise as quickly as possible.

I look forward to being a part of this community and to help make this site run as well as it always have, and keep the site growing into a very prosperous community.

So, I think I'm done blathering on for now! But I'd love for people to ask questions and express your thoughts, so please free feel to do so! Thank you all for reading all this and for making Planet4x4.net the amazing place that it is!

Cheers,
Cayne
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:03 PM   #3
Lavacrawler
Trail Leader

um......wow. Well I guess all we can do is make the best of it fellers. Really not sure what to think of this but I guess time will only tell if we are gaining something or losing a long loved and cherished local gathering place.
Best of luck to ya Herzog and Greg, with all the drama as of late I'm not surprised, I would pluck the thorn outta my foot, or ass, too.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:15 PM   #4
Lumpdog
Wrench Wench

Wow..........
Lumpdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
admin
Admin
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavacrawler View Post
um......wow. Well I guess all we can do is make the best of it fellers. Really not sure what to think of this but I guess time will only tell if we are gaining something or losing a long loved and cherished local gathering place.
Best of luck to ya Herzog and Greg, with all the drama as of late I'm not surprised, I would pluck the thorn outta my foot, or ass, too.
Hi guys, I am here to help and looking forward to doing so. Please feel free to PM or send me any suggestions and catch me up on anything
Old 05-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #6
GeoTracker90
Trail Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Hi guys, I am here to help and looking forward to doing so. Please feel free to PM or send me any suggestions and catch me up on anything
This is a very interesting development.

Cayne, as this transition takes place what can we expect for Planet 4x4 going forward? Are there any changes / improvements that are in the works that you are able to share with us? I'll be sitting here waiting for the news at 11:00

Mike
GeoTracker90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #7
Herzog
Somewhat Damaged
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavacrawler View Post
It really doesn't have anything to do with any of the drama. That kind of stuff comes and goes everywhere. It has everything to do with us not having the time and resources needed to dedicate to a site this large with all the other things we have going on in our lives and we decided that trying to ride it out was doing more harm to planet than good.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #8
admin
Admin
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTracker90 View Post
This is a very interesting development.

Cayne, as this transition takes place what can we expect for Planet 4x4 going forward? Are there any changes / improvements that are in the works that you are able to share with us? I'll be sitting here waiting for the news at 11:00

Mike
No worries Mike . Moving forward, with the site on our servers you will have constant support as we will try our best to take care of any issues that may arise as quickly as possible. Just to be clear as well, forum moderators/staff will continue to make the day to day calls.

The main goal right now is to go over and familiarize myself with the site and make the transition as easy as possible. Any improvements I will definitely speak with the team first, as every community is different and so I am always open to any suggestions that the team and members feel would help the site.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #9
cannoncrawler
DinoWagonMan!

Everyone is so worried about the Chinese taking over everything, and here some those shifty Canooks slowly buying up all the moto-forums.....

I heard obama was really born in canada.

And who knows, maybe there will be less censorship now.

Shit
hell
damn
pussy
bitch

Edit: ^see 5 outta 6 ain't bad.
cannoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #10
Herzog
Somewhat Damaged
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannoncrawler View Post
Everyone is so worried about the Chinese taking over everything, and here some those shifty Canooks slowly buying up all the moto-forums.....

And who knows, maybe there will be less censorship now.

Shit
hell
damn
pussy
bitch

Edit: ^see 5 outta 6 ain't bad.

I think the censorship thing is just the default vbulletin setting and always has been.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #11
ChestonScout
Trail Leader

interesting
ChestonScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:22 PM   #12
Rubi-Mama
ITTC Wench!
911 and Rescue

Since there are new owners, why dont they make Lumpy a moderator again?

Just saying.......
Old 05-30-2012, 11:29 PM   #13
AJ
Trail Leader

holy....shit....

ill sit back and and see what happens now.

then again, maybe i'll just krazytoy, just cuz he's an ass..
AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:45 AM   #14
krazytoy
Trail Runner
911 and Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpdog View Post
Wow..........
This is all your fault.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:33 AM   #15
GeoTracker90
Trail Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannoncrawler View Post

Truth be told I've been working as a double agent here on Planet for quite some time and just got back from Canuckistan last Monday evening.

And just to be clear Obama was not born in Canada and we do appologize for Celine Dion.

That is all.

Mike
GeoTracker90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:39 AM   #16
admin
Admin
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTracker90 View Post
Truth be told I've been working as a double agent here on Planet for quite some time and just got back from Canuckistan last Monday evening.

And just to be clear Obama was not born in Canada and we do appologize for Celine Dion.

That is all.

Mike
Hahahah @ Celine Dion. We in Canada seems to apologize for Celine lol
Old 05-31-2012, 08:02 PM   #17
WOOD
is ANI-FACEBOOK!

Admin, I'm having trouble realizing you're Canadian. Can you type with an accent for now on just to keep us in check where you're at? eh?

WOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:34 PM   #18
88K5er
Trail Leader

What do canadians know "aboot" automobiles, aren't they still rollin in horse and carriage. All joking aside I hope it only gets better!
88K5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:47 PM   #19
Josh Martin
Spotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88K5er View Post
What do canadians know "aboot" automobiles, aren't they still rollin in horse and carriage. All joking aside I hope it only gets better!
At least a horse and carriage is millions of years more advanced than our "brontosaurus drawn buggies"!
Josh Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:28 AM   #20
admin
Admin
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOD View Post
Admin, I'm having trouble realizing you're Canadian. Can you type with an accent for now on just to keep us in check where you're at? eh?

Hahaha! Any hockey fans here eh?