Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

Planet4x4.net change of ownership

27K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  Herzog 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I'm posting for Greg as he currently doesn't have internet access where he is working, so bear with me.

We just wanted to keep you all in the loop with what's going on behind the scenes with Planet4x4. There has been a change in ownership and we've turned the community over to AutoGuide.com. For those of you that may not be familiar with AutoGuide, they specialize in running automotive forums and are true professionals in what they do. I believe this will be a very good step for Planet, as Greg and I haven't been able to dedicate the time that Planet needs. Some time ago Pirate4x4 was acquired by AutoGuide.com and the change has been a seamless one.

Greg and I will stay on for a few months to help with the transition, then we're going to back away as the owners. I know this isn't going to be easy for some of you to take, but all I ask is that you guys support this change and understand that it is for the best. Planet4x4 is a great community and will continue to be.

This hasn't been an easy decision for either of us to make, but I do feel its best for the community. Hopefully you all can see that, understand and respect this decision.

Their philosophy seems to be very non-intrusive and they like to keep things running the way the members want it to run. They really do run a good show and with their help you should have more resources and abilities to grow as a community at your disposal than Greg and I have been able to provide in the past.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hello everyone,

Thanks Shane and Greg. Just wanted to introduce myself first here. My name is Cayne and I’m the Forum Manager and your go to guy from AutoGuide.com. I wish Shane and Greg all the best with everything as it’s never easy for someone to let go of a great community like this. I will be working alongside with the staff as a team in order to try and keep the forum running as smoothly as it was before. I would like to try and make this transition seamless to the extent where it did not seem there was a transfer of ownership.

Autoguide.com runs about over 300 online automotive related communities offering enthusiasts content and information to help them get the most out of their rides. This small company is run by a good number of car enthusiasts and with expertise in graphic design, programming, server administration, and community support. They are based Toronto, Ontario and you can get a list of communities they run by visiting AutoGuide.com.

With the migration of Planet4x4.net onto our servers, this will help the site run faster and with less bugs. The staff at Autoguide.com work very hard to make the site run smoothly and take care of any issues that may arise as quickly as possible.

I look forward to being a part of this community and to help make this site run as well as it always have, and keep the site growing into a very prosperous community.

So, I think I'm done blathering on for now! But I'd love for people to ask questions and express your thoughts, so please free feel to do so! Thank you all for reading all this and for making Planet4x4.net the amazing place that it is!

Cheers,
Cayne

#3 ·
um......wow. Well I guess all we can do is make the best of it fellers. Really not sure what to think of this but I guess time will only tell if we are gaining something or losing a long loved and cherished local gathering place.
Best of luck to ya Herzog and Greg, with all the drama as of late I'm not surprised, I would pluck the thorn outta my foot, or ass, too.

#5 ·
um......wow. Well I guess all we can do is make the best of it fellers. Really not sure what to think of this but I guess time will only tell if we are gaining something or losing a long loved and cherished local gathering place.
Best of luck to ya Herzog and Greg, with all the drama as of late I'm not surprised, I would pluck the thorn outta my foot, or ass, too.
Hi guys, I am here to help and looking forward to doing so. Please feel free to PM or send me any suggestions and catch me up on anything :thumb:

#9 ·
Everyone is so worried about the Chinese taking over everything, and here some those shifty Canooks slowly buying up all the moto-forums.....

I heard obama was really born in canada.

:flipoff:

And who knows, maybe there will be less censorship now.

Shit
hell
damn
pussy
bitch

Edit: ^see 5 outta 6 ain't bad.

#17 ·
Admin, I'm having trouble realizing you're Canadian. Can you type with an accent for now on just to keep us in check where you're at? eh? :D

:beer: :beer: :beer:

#27 ·
Star,

At this point you don't want the Canadian diesels. They are so old and crusty for the most part they just aren't worth the hassle. Now, if he could smuggle in some of the JDM imports they are getting up there then you'd be in business. 2015 and they will finally be importable into the US, but by then the Canadians will have sucked up the good ones as they will have had 10 more years to get them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.