Planet 4x4 News Site News and Announcements

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
Herzog
Somewhat Damaged
Admin

Planet4x4.net change of ownership

Hey everyone,

I'm posting for Greg as he currently doesn't have internet access where he is working, so bear with me.

We just wanted to keep you all in the loop with what's going on behind the scenes with Planet4x4. There has been a change in ownership and we've turned the community over to AutoGuide.com. For those of you that may not be familiar with AutoGuide, they specialize in running automotive forums and are true professionals in what they do. I believe this will be a very good step for Planet, as Greg and I haven't been able to dedicate the time that Planet needs. Some time ago Pirate4x4 was acquired by AutoGuide.com and the change has been a seamless one.

Greg and I will stay on for a few months to help with the transition, then we're going to back away as the owners. I know this isn't going to be easy for some of you to take, but all I ask is that you guys support this change and understand that it is for the best. Planet4x4 is a great community and will continue to be.

This hasn't been an easy decision for either of us to make, but I do feel its best for the community. Hopefully you all can see that, understand and respect this decision.

Their philosophy seems to be very non-intrusive and they like to keep things running the way the members want it to run. They really do run a good show and with their help you should have more resources and abilities to grow as a community at your disposal than Greg and I have been able to provide in the past.
Herzog is offline   Reply With Quote

Join Planet4x4! It's Free!
Join Planet4x4 For Free! If this is your first visit to Planet4x4 please take the time to join us .

Registering is required for you to post on the forums. Joining us will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, search our forums, view attachments, and take advantage of the many other contents of Planet4x4.net! It's free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click here to join our community!

If you are already a member of Planet4x4, please login above to gain full access to the site.