Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

Ford truggy

15K views 22 replies 4 participants last post by  skipped_link 
#1 · (Edited)
SOLD
Like the trailer I have posted, this "truggy" will be for sale after IDTTC, october 16th,
If it is damaged it will be repaired before sold,

1994 Ford F-250, (I'm pretty sure that's what year it is, never looked at the title after I bought it) but I do have a clean title.
Started as a 3/4 ton, regular cab, long bed, the frame was cut off about 18" behind the cab, then tube work was added.

Rear suspension is a 1/4 elliptical / 4-link setup, upper links are 1.5" .120 wall with 3/4" rod ends, Lowers are 2" .250" wall with 1" rod ends,
Rear diff is a sterling 10.25" with welded spiders, & 4.10:1 R&P

Front, The TTB was tossed in favor of a 4.10:1 "fuzzy locker" HP king pin D-60 out of an 87 F-350, (stock shafts, joints, & hubs)
The suspension started with stock springs & a shackle reversal, which got us 4" of lift, but recently it has been switched to 1/2 ton rear leaves up front, with these springs, & the shackles moved back up front, it pushed the diff forward about 3.5" (no hacking on the cab to fit 47s with very little lift.) shock mounts were relocated & 14" travel rancho RS5000 were installed,

Steering is full hydro with a surplus center 2.5" x 8" double ended ram, 1.5" .120" wall tierods, & 3/4" rod ends, Performance off road systems steering valve approx 4 turns lock to lock. stock, unmodified pump (still whines just like new ;) )

Tires are 47" Swamper LTB, on 15" eaton/DYI beadlocks, I think they are only around 3" BS, no grinding was needed on the calipers to get them on the truck. Tires are probably 80%, they have a few cracks but seem to work very well.

The rest of the drive train includes, EFI 5.8L (351w), newer thermostat, radiator, & fan clutch, (the cooling issue turned out to be the thermostat, but that was the lst thing we looked at, lol it'll run all day now) C-6 3spd auto, 2.7:1 Klune with cable shifter, hooked to a 2.86:1 borge warner 1356 with the slip yoke eliminator. (1330 U-joints throughout)

Body, the front fenders have been trimmed to clear the 47s & are in pretty good shape, there is a little body damage on the passenger side B-pillar (top side of the door jam) but it's not to bad. I have doors, they are a little rough, but very functional & complete.
Sliders are 1.75 .120 wall tube, they are a little light & show some pretty good wear, but they keep doing their job.
Roll cage is a standard hoop, spreader bar with bars going in to the center of the cab & door bars, all tied to the cab with 6"x6"x.125" floor plates, they are not tied to the frame, but have been stubbed below the floor boards so it could easily be done. The rear bars go out the rear window to the rear tube work, everything but the spanner bar & center bars is 1.75" .135 wall roll bar tubing.

Seats are RCI plastic seats with padded covers, mounted on the stock mount & track so they are adjustable, both seats have 5 pt harnesses with cam lock buckles (1/4 turn knob to release)

Winch is a smitty built XRC8 (8000 lb)

The "to do list" before IDTTC is,
Install skid plate, Done
get new windshield installed, along with cowl & wipers Done
Install new head lights turn signals & trim bezels Done
finish on board air, (have most of the parts just need to get busy) Done
& a couple little items nto worth mentioning,

The only issues I know of on this truck are the whinning PS pump, I have a new one but refuse to install it til this one dies, I will through the new one on the front seat if the truck sells,
2 tires go low if it sets around a while, I air the tires up to about 10 psi every couple weeks.
The other issue is the trans leaks, some times, lol.
It will sit for weeks & not leak a drop, then I'll move the truck & it will drip out a 1/2 quart in a few days time, I pulled the trans & replaced the pump/converter seal, since it looked like thats where it was coming from. but it still does it from time to time. other than that the trans works fine.

If I think of anything else I'll add it later, if there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

I'm asking $8000 & it will be in Mountain home october 16 at IDTTC if anyone wants to look at it in person, see it perform, heck maybe even take it home.

See less See more
#22 ·
Bump for a very reasonably priced and quality turnkey crawler. It wouldn't take much to finish this thing off into a more drivable rig too. Doors, bobbed bed, plexiglass rear window, selectable front locker, front bumper and you got a driver/mudder too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.