Off Road Forums On Planet4x4 banner

Grand waggys are cool

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Lavacrawler 
#1 ·
Man these things are too cool less width than a full size but with plenty of room and plenty of wheel base.

Just finished helping a guy with this one nice and clean BJs lift. Pretty good flex for a lift kit.

Specs are a bjs six inch lift 35 pro comp muds its got a 360 with a 727 and a 229? 44s front and rear, soon to have 4.10 gears and hopefully a rear locker

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I may be up to help for that, if you want help, Let me know.

#6 ·
help would be cool. Frank and I are both lifting our wives Cherokee's and are hoping to do them at the same time, so there'll be plenty to do. Hopefully within the next two weeks. Frank should be ordering his lift any day now. He even picked up a dana 44 out of an 87 XJ to swap in at the same time:thumb:

#10 ·
pro's : 44's both ends
Little bigger rig (read more room for comfort, friends, kids dogs etc.)
Cheaper to lift
cons: loss of EFI
Loss of Overdrive

Best of Both worlds, stroker 4.0 (4.6;4.7;5.0 - those numbers embarass a 5.7 Hemi!), or swap over an EFI 318 and aw4 from a rolled GC, they can be had for a nickel or so (sorry $500)

#12 ·
AW4 was a 93 only, 4.0 only transmission for ZJs.

pro's : 44's both ends
Little bigger rig (read more room for comfort, friends, kids dogs etc.)
Cheaper to lift
cons: loss of EFI
Loss of Overdrive

Best of Both worlds, stroker 4.0 (4.6;4.7;5.0 - those numbers embarass a 5.7 Hemi!), or swap over an EFI 318 and aw4 from a rolled GC, they can be had for a nickel or so (sorry $500)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.